Today I am sharing this healthy mango muffins vegan recipe!
Nothing says summer like mango in Australia! Discovering Australian mangoes has been a highlight of my Australian summers. I cannot get enough of them. I look forward to mango season every year!
In the past years I have also started experimenting with baking with mangoes. These vegan muffins taste so delicious and sweet with the mangoes. I also like making this mango galette.
I created this healthy mango muffins vegan recipe as part of my collaboration with Califia and Veganuary. This was the last vegan recipe for the month of January 2020. I was so happy to participate in the Veganuary challenge with Califia. I hope more and more people embrace the vegan/plant-based lifestyle this year!
And I want to show that vegan baking is very simple to do and only requires a few simple ingredients. I am all for healthy simple vegan cooking!
One of the best things about summer are the mangoes! I hope you will like these mango muffins that are vegan for something different to bake this summer.
You could also make this recipe all year round using frozen mangoes. I often use frozen fruits in my baking if not available at the shops.
You could also replace the mango with berries if you prefer. Or combine both mango and raspberries.
These muffins are not gluten-free but you could replace the whole-wheat flour with buckwheat flour to make them gluten-free.
You can also swap the silvered almonds for shredded coconut and add coconut milk/cream to give them a more exotic flavour: mango/coconut.
How to make my vegan mango muffins:
Vegan Mango Muffins
- 1 cup Califia Almond Milk
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour or use all-purpose flour
- 1 cup almond meal (ground almonds)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar add more if you have a very sweet tooth or add 1/3 cup raw sugar
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 2 ripe mangoes diced
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius;
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl then mix in the Califia Farms Vanilla Almond Milk.
- Dice the mango cheeks and fold them in gently into the batter.
- Spoon the muffin batters into muffin moulds and bake for 25 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
If you enjoyed this recipe you might also enjoy these recipes of mine:
- mini vegan lemon and poppyseed muffins
- blueberry muffins
- matcha and chocolate chip muffins
- vegan raspberry and macadamia muffins
- Vegan chickpea chocolate and orange muffins
Also, if you make these healthy vegan mango muffins I would love to know! Tag me on Instagram @healthyfrenchwife if you make them.
These look AMAZING!