Today I am sharing a new recipe with you: vegan matcha choc chip muffins. These muffins are green from the matcha. You could even add baby spinach puree to make them greener!
Do you like matcha? I find people either love it or hate it. I like it but I go through phases. I like having a matcha latte at home if I want to avoid having too much coffee! I also enjoy baking with matcha. If you like it you would like these healthy vegan muffins with chocolate-chips!
Vegan Matcha Chocolate Chip Muffins
Recipe makes 6 muffins
- 1 1/2 cup of wholemeal (whole-wheat) flour
- 1/2 cup of sugar/sweetener of choice (I used coconut sugar) – use more if you have a sweet tooth
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp of matcha powder
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil melted
- 1 cup of nut milk/soy milk
- 4 tbsp of dairy free chocolate chips + more to top
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Line a muffin tray with muffin cases.
- In a bowl mix the dry ingredients together
- Then add the nut milk and coconut oil and whisk gently together.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and spoon the batter into each of the 6 muffins cases.
- Top each muffin with more chocolate chips.
- Cook in the oven for 25 minutes at 180 Celsius.
If you like this recipe you might also enjoy these muffin recipes: