This is my go-to summer vegan nectarine galette recipe.
I make this galette a lot every summer.
And I bet you will too after trying this recipe!
This site uses ads and affiliate content as an Amazon associate earning on qualifying purchases. Disclosure.
This vegan nectarine galette can also be made gluten-free solely using buckwheat flour.
And if you do not have nectarines you can use apricots, peaches, apples or berries like in my rustic strawberry galette. This galette can also be made with tomatoes as a savoury galette or orasted vegetables.
This galette is made with a buckwheat flour and is very simple to make. The rustic look also makes it very forgiving when making it. It can also be made with children.
If you want to make it look more polished you can turn it into a normal tart. This galette also works great as individual galettes.
With Christmas approaching check out my Christmas recipes like this White Chocolate Christmas bark and healthy gingerbread men cookies. Or maybe you are wanting to eat healthier and want to do a little reset then check out my 3 day juice cleanse plan.
How to make my vegan nectarine galette:
This recipe is pretty easy. The dough works really well without butter but using 2 sheets of baking paper.
Vegan Nectarine Galette
- 1 1/2 cup buckwheat, whole-wheat or spelt flour
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 5-6 ripe nectarines
- 1 tbsp flour of choice
- 1 tbsp raw sugar
- lemon zest (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (355F). Then make your dough by mixing in a bowl the flour, cold water and olive oil until it forms the dough.
- Between 2 sheets of baking paper, roll the dough in a large flat circle shape using a rolling pin and place on an oven tray.
- Slice the nectarines and mix them with the flour and sugar then assemble your galette by spreading the nectarines in the middle of your crust in circles.
- Fold the edges in a rustic manner overlapping and cook the galette in the oven for 35-45 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius (355F). Leave to cool then slice. Serve with dairy-free vanilla ice-cream or homemade cashew lemon sauce.
So there is my vegan nectarine galette recipe! I bet you will love this recipe. For other summer recipes check out my vegan summer recipes.
And, if you do make this recipe please let me know in the comments below what you think! I truly love hearing from you, and I’m always here to answer any questions you might have. And of course, tag me on Instagram with your pictures using the hashtag #healthyfrenchwife. Nothing makes me happier than to see your recreations.
This recipe is:
If looking for other vegan meal ideas check out my 4 Week Plant-based Reset meal plans and recipes here!