I have a new recipe for you: a rustic Vegan Galette Recipe with Strawberries! I am also sharing my recipe for the homemade vegan crust. A galette is so much more easy to make then a proper tart and it is one of my favourite dessert ever to make. Once you make it once you will also love making it!
This vegan strawberry galette was perfect to make on this spring day.
Spring is on its way and I couldn’t be happier after a very cold and long winter here in Orange. It is still really cold at the moment but it feels like it is the end. I look forward to seeing leaves and flowers on trees because I know it also means my little baby will come very soon!
Anyway we found some very cheap strawberries in the shops the other day and bought 2 trays so I could freeze a lot of them, we ate most of them in 2/3 days and I used a little bit for making this delicious, simple and healthy vegan rustic strawberry galette. It was a big hit with my dad and the twins.
I love how the galette looked in the picture and every time I see these pictures it brings me back to that sunny spring day with my family before the birth of my little girl. I need to make this vegan galette every year in spring to celebrate.
You could also make this vegan galette with blueberries, apples, pears or I even made it with apricots in summer! So delicious! You could even use the crust for a savoury galette! With leeks, chards, pumpkin, tomatoes, zucchinis. Adding it to my to-make list for this summer! hehe a summer veggie galette!
More on this vegan Galette:
This vegan galette is not only dairy-free and vegan it is also quite healthy and low sugar as I only use 1 tbsp of coconut sugar and the crust is homemade with olive oil to be vegan and it gives it a rustic look.
Vegan Strawberry Galette
Vegan Olive Oil Crust
- 1 1/2 cup wholemeal wheat flour
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Strawberry galette filling
- 500 gr strawberries
- 1 tbsp arrowroot flour
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Rinse and dry your strawberries then cut off the greens and slice them in 2 or 3.
- Mix in a bowl with coconut sugar and arrowroot powder. Leave them in a bowl for 10 minutes to release some juice and make your galette less watery.
- While the strawberry filling rest make your dough by mixing in a bowl the flour, cold water and olive oil until it forms the dough.
- Between 2 sheets of baking paper, roll your dough in a large flat circle shape using a rolling pin and place on an oven tray.
- Remove the strawberry juice and assemble your galette by spreading the strawberries in the middle of your crust.
- Fold the edges in a rustic manner overlapping and cook the galette in the oven for 35-45 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
If you like this recipe you might also enjoy these recipes:
- Vegan Leek Quiche
- Vegan blueberry galette
- Vegan nut-free berry crumble
- Vegan Raspberry macadamia muffins
- Vegan Strawberry Oat crumble slice
If you want to make this vegan galette recipe and tag me on Instagram I would love to see @healthyfrenchwife!
Or you can also leave me a comment below if you have questions. I would love to know if you make it!