Today I am sharing with you my Mother’s Day breakfast chocolate pancakes! I have already chosen what I want my twins and my husband to make me for breakfast for Mother’s Day! The vegan chocolate pancakes! And because my husband and kids will be making them these are super easy and fail-proof to make! Eloise is keen to bring me breakfast in bed this year for Mother’s Day and I won’t be complaining!
These vegan chocolate pancakes are also delicious any other day of the year! Low in sugar (no sugar actually in the pancakes themselves!) they are also perfect for kids!
I topped these with stewed berries but this is because I love juicy berries with chocolate. But you could also serve these vegan pancakes with chocolate sauce/ caramel sauce or simply maple syrup.
This site uses ads and affiliate content as an Amazon associate earning on qualifying purchases. Disclosure.
Substitutions for these vegan chocolate pancake recipe: If you are gluten-free I am sure buckwheat or 1 for one blend would work well. If you use non-self raising flour add 2 tsp of baking powder. I used cacao powder because I prefer using it for health benefits but you could also make them with cocoa. I have never tried with cocoa so maybe you would only need 1/3 cup. For the milk I used soy but any plant-milks work!
I will be sharing tomorrow a blogpost with lots of different Mother’s Day recipes but first are these vegan chocolate pancakes!
Vegan Chocolate Pancakes with Berries
- 2 cups self -raising wheat flour
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 2.5 cup soy milk/nut-milk
- 2 cups berries of choice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup to serve
- In a bowl combine the flour and cacao.
- Add in the soy milk and whisk together.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and cook the pancakes by cooking 1/4 cup of batter in the pan. Flip when bubbles start to form.
- While the pancakes cook, in a pot over medium heat cook the berries with 2-3 tbsp of maple syrup. Stir often and mash the berries slightly with the back of the spoon.
- Serve the pancakes with the berries, extra maple syrup or chocolate sauce.
I would love to know if you make them, or someone make them for you so please tag me @healthyfrenchwife or let me know in a comment below! I love seeing your recreations and knowing your recipes make it to your family table!
If you like this pancake recipe you might also enjoy these simple vegan pancakes. I love these simple pancakes and I hope you do too!