I realised I have never shared my super simple vegan pancakes recipe on my blog! So I am finally sharing these vegan pancakes here! I have been making this vegan pancakes recipe for the past few years. They are delicious, easy to make, fluffy and only require a few ingredients.
Tips to make my vegan pancakes recipe:
I have made these simple vegan pancakes with quite a few different flours. I like making our pancakes with oat flour, buckwheat flour, whole wheat flour, self-raising… Just don’t use arrowroot or coconut flour or the pancakes won’t work! Actually never use coconut flour in my recipes haha substituting wheat flour for coconut flour means the recipe will never work in vegan baking!
The key when making them is using a pan that isn’t too hot or too low and flipping when the bubbles start coming up. I also don’t use oil when making them but I use a non-stick pan and flip them with a spatula.
One more thing is that I don’t add any sugar in this simple vegan pancake batter. I keep them sugar-free because I know as a family we always add maple syrup on top so that’s enough sugar!
For toppings we use maple syrup, or lemon juice and coconut sugar, berries, sliced banana, coconut yogurt, mango or choc chips in pancake dough. We love these pancakes and making them on Sunday mornings as a family feels like a real treat. I honestly don’t understand why most vegan pancake recipes call for tons of ingredients and mashed bananas. I have always had pancakes fail when I have tried adding a mashed banana.
So here is the vegan pancakes recipe – make sure to save/bookmark it!
Super Simple Vegan Pancakes
- 2 cups all purpose or oat flour (not coconut)
- 2 cups plant milk of choice
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence (optional)
- maple syrup/berries/chocolate sauce/yogurt to top
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, nut milk and vanilla until no lumps.
- Heat up a pan on medium heat and pour a large spoon of pancake batter (about 1/4 cup)and cook for a few minutes until bubbles form then flip and cook the other side for 1-2 minutes.
- Do the same with the remaining batter then add toppings before serving.
If you like this vegan pancakes recipe you might also like these vegan recipes:
- breakfast berry & oat crumble bars
- Vegan carrot cake
- Vegan buckwheat savoury punpkin seed bread
- Vegan banana buckwheat cake
Because I think it is important to keep spreading positivity I am going to share with you 10 things that make me happy right now as well as this amazing vegan pancake recipe!
Vegan pancakes and 10 things that make me happy:
- Well first of all these pancakes- We loved starting our day with pancakes today!
- Going for a long run- I am slowly getting back into running and really enjoying the joy of running at the moment with everything that’s going on.
- Making our Sunday night soup – rituals keep a sense of normality to our weeks!
- Lighting candles, watering my indoor plants…
- Diffusing essential oils especially happy/ calming ones.
- Drawing with the kids, as well as having dance parties!
- Gardening and seeing our veggies grow in our veggie patch
- Music from the 90’s! I have been listening to a playlist on spotify!
- Working on content/items for my business that I had been putting off for a while. Now I have the time to work on it.
- Seeing you lovely people make my recipes, tag me, like and comment on my posts and recipes!! So thank you for the support!
If you do make my pancakes please show me on Instagram stories! I would love to repost your recreations! Tag me @healthyfrenchwife so I can see them!