I made my own bread! For the first time ever I made my own bread. The only reason I decided to give it a go is because since having to cut out wheat due to Annabelle’s food allergies I have been missing bread a lot and I only find 1 kind of gf bread that is also vegan and soy-free and it is super expensive!
I have made this recipe two weeks in a row and I love it with smashed avocado or a peanut butter!
To make it more savoury I even added dried italian herbs and garlic powder the second time! So yummy.
Gluten-free Vegan Bread
with Thermomix method (optional)
- 1 and 1/2 cups almond meal – 150 grams
- 1 cup buckwheat flour – 140 grams
- 6 tbsp psyllium husk
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds or other seeds
- 3 tsp of baking powder
- 3 tbsp of apple cider vinegar -60ml
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 2 tbsp of rice malt syrup or maple syrup – 40ml
- 2 cups of water – 500ml
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl ( or in your thermomix in reverse mode speed 1 for 30sec) Remove all the lumps.
- Then add in the rice malt syrup, apple cider vinegar and water and combine well. (Thermomix speed 2 reverse for 40 sec)
- Pour into your loaf tin lined with baking paper.
- Add extra seeds on top.
- Cook for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Keep in the fridge for up to 1 week or store slices in the freezer to have on hand.