This vegan blueberry lemon and poppyseed loaf recipe is probably one of the most popular recipes on my blog and one of my favourite flavour combination too! I have been making this recipe for a few years now and it is still very close to my heart. Perfect for afternoon treat with a big dollop of coconut yogurt! So make sure you try this recipe for a delicious gluten free vegan lemon blueberry bread with poppyseeds
I used to make this healthy blueberry bread recipe but I used to make it with wheat and nuts so I have revamped my recipe to make it both gluten-free and nut-free (as well as vegan and delicious!). I hope you will still like my vegan blueberry lemon loaf.
Gluten-free baking can be quite daunting but I found the key is to buy good quality pre-made gluten-free flour blend, add more oil/fat and avoid over stirring. Also sticking to the recipe is helpful too! haha
Gluten free Vegan Lemon Blueberry Bread with Poppyseeds
- 1 1/2 cup GF self raising flour
- 1/2 cup Gf flour blend
- 3/4 cup sugar or sweetener of choice
- 2 tbsp poppyseeds
- 1 Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 juice of 1 lemon
- 2 flax egg (2 tbsp of flaxmeal + 6 tbsp of water)
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup melted vegan butter or melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup blueberries – fresh or frozen
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper or grease it with coconut oil.
- In a bowl mix the dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flax egg ingredients then add the melted vegan butter, non dairy milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla and combine well with a whisk.
- Pour into the dry ingredients and combine gently with a spatula.
- Add in the blueberries and fold them gently in the dough with the spatula. Do not overmix.
- Pour in your loaf tin and cook for 55 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
If you want to make this recipe using wheat flour just use 1 1/2 cup of wheat flour. You can also leave the poppyseeds out if you do not have them to make this vegan lemon blueberry bread. You can also swap the blueberries for raspberries if you prefer. And up to you if you want to add a sweet lemon icing on top. I like my healthy blueberry bread as is but I sometimes add a bit of coconut yogurt on the side for a delicious treat.
If you like this vegan lemon and blueberry bread recipe you might also enjoy these recipes:
- Raspberry Macadamia Muffins
- Vegan Blueberry Muffins
- Raw lemon and blueberry cheesecakes
- Blueberry Crumble
If you do make my healthy blueberry bread I would love to see it so please tag me on Instagram @healthyfrenchwife or leave me a comment below. I love nothing more than seeing you make my healthy vegan recipes!