I absolutely love this super easy vegan strawberry oat crumble slice recipe. It can be made in less than 5 minutes (especially if you use store-bought healthy jam – look for low sugar or sweetened with fruit juices instead) and is really healthy as well as being vegan, wheat-free, refined-sugar-free (depending on jam used!) and also nut-free. The perfect afternoon tea treat! And is so healthy can be eaten for breakfast too!!
As I said you can either buy store-bought jams (some are not too bad for sugar and a little of sugar here and there isn’t as bad as we think it is!) but if you prefer avoiding all sugar or keeping it more homemade you can try making some homemade strawberry like jam in minutes. I popped my recipe below or you can make chia jam which works very well. I enjoy making chia jams when I have too many over ripe fruits!
Vegan Strawberry Oat Crumble Slice (edited May 2020)
â€¢ 1 3/4 cup of quick oats;
â€¢ 1 cup of buckwheat flour or spelt/wheat flour;
â€¢ 1 tsp of cinnamon powder;
â€¢ 1/3 cup coconut oil;
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
â€¢ Â½ cup of homemade strawberry jam or store-bought;
â€¢ handful of fresh strawberries
Strawberry Chia Jam:
â€¢ 1 lemon
â€¢ 2 cups of fresh strawberries;
â€¢ 1 tbsp of sweetener
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius;
2. Blend the strawberries in a blender then cook on low heat on the stove with the added lemon juice, chia seeds and sweetener until it becomes more sticky like a jam.
3. Store in the fridge for up to 1 week
4. While you make the strawberry jam, mix the quick oats and buckwheat flour in a mixing bowl.
5. Then add the cinnamon, melted coconut oil and maple syrup. Combine well. If too dry add 1 tbsp more coconut oil.
6. In a small square tin lined with baking paper, press down Â¾ of the crumble mixture.
7. Spread a layer of strawberry jam on top and some cut up strawberries.
8. Then sprinkle the remaining crumble mixture on top and place in the oven.
9. Bake for 25 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
If you like this vegan strawberry crumble slice recipe you might also enjoy these similar recipes:
the #1 Itinerary says
Great post ðŸ˜ƒ
HI Im so excited to make this for Mother’s Day but i don’t have any Buckwheat flour on hand…can I use the almond or coconut flour I have? If so is the measurement that same? thanks so much!
Looks delightful! Timely as I was looking for a nice vegan treat to being to work. Will give it a go!