Today I am sharing my recipe for a gluten free vegan bread made with buckwheat and almond flour. Toasted it with smashed avocado it is so delicious. Even non gluten-free peeps love it! My husband did!
I made my own bread! For the first time ever I made my own gluten free vegan bread. I decided to try making a gluten free vegan bread and made this delicious buckwheat and almond flour vegan bread! I am always happy to share with you allergy-friendly recipes as I know how challenging they can be!
The only reason I decided to give this vegan gluten free bread recipe a go is because since having to cut out wheat due to Annabelle’s food allergies I have been missing bread a lot and I only find 1 kind of gluten free bread that is also vegan and soy-free and it is super expensive!
This site uses ads and affiliate content as an Amazon associate earning on qualifying purchases. Disclosure.
Finding gluten free bread that is also egg free can be very difficult and sometimes not that tasty. I think making my own bread is a better idea!
I have made this recipe two weeks in a row and I love it with smashed avocado or peanut butter! I also like it with cooked mushrooms and baked beans.
To make this bread recipe even more savoury I added dried Italian herbs and garlic powder the second time! So yummy. I think this bread would also keep very well as slices in the freezer and be used in the toaster later on. That can be useful if you only have 1-2 persons in your household eating gluten-free.
It is a good baby food too topped with avocado if your child can have nuts.
You don’t have to be gluten-free to enjoy this easy vegan bread recipe. I like making for my twins too for a more nutritious bread. It is high in fibre and minerals with the buckwheat flour and psyllium husk (hello prebiotics!) and high in protein from the almond meal. This healthy bread is a great addition to your weekend brunch!
Gluten-free Vegan Bread Recipe:
Gluten Free Vegan Bread Recipe with buckwheat and almond flour
- 1 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 6 tbsp psyllium husk
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 3 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (or 1 for a more savoury bread)
- 2 cups water
- garlic powder, dried herbs or cumin powder (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Remove all the lumps
- Then add in the rice malt syrup, apple cider vinegar and water and combine well.
- Pour into your loaf tin lined with baking paper.
- Add extra seeds on top.
- Cook for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Keep in the fridge for up to 1 week or store slices in the freezer to have on hand.
You could substitute the pumpkin seeds for other seeds such as sunflower seeds, sesame seeds or hemp seeds.
If you like this recipe you might also enjoy these Gluten-free and vegan recipes:
- vegan gluten-free lemon blueberry and poppyseed loaf
- vegan gluten-free raspberry almond loaf
- vegan gluten-free hazelnut chocolate cookies
- Vegan gluten-free hazelnut brownies
- vegan gluten-free black bean brownies
- vegan gluten-free peanut butter cookies
Update: Annabelle grew out of her wheat allergy by about 13 months old and I successfully re introduced wheat and gluten into our diet. I will continue to publish gluten-free recipes on my website but not all my recipes will be gluten free moving forward.
For more recipe ideas, nutrition information follow me on Instagram @healthyfrenchwife I love sharing my daily meals, what I feed my three plant-based children as well as behind the scenes of running my business and food blog.