About time I shared with you this recipe for my raw vegan cookie dough bliss balls or also called energy balls. They are Eloise’s favourite healthy snack after school or for playdates.
These cookie dough balls are vegan, refined-sugar-free and made with delicious oats. These cookie dough balls are not nut-free though but you could make them nut-free by replacing the walnuts with sunflower seeds.
These oat cookie dough bliss balls/ energy balls are great as a lunchbox filler if you can have nuts (or make them nut-free) or as a snack after school or before/after a workout. I like having 2-3 before going to the pool to swim some laps.
This site uses ads and affiliate content as an Amazon associate earning on qualifying purchases. Disclosure.
Nutrition wise they are packed with fibre and good fats from the walnuts.
For more healthy vegan snack for children check out my blogpost where I share other ideas.
How to make these vegan cookie dough bliss balls:
To make this recipe for cookie dough bliss balls you will need a food processor or high speed blender. I used my Vitamix to make them.
- Add the walnuts and oats in a food processor and process until fine.
- Add in the liquid and combine trying to form a sticky dough. You might need to scrap the sides of the blender a few times.
- Add in the chocolate chips and slowly blend them at low speed. Avoid blending too high for this step or you might “lose” the chocolate chips.
- Roll into golf balls with your hands and store them in the fridge or freezer.
Substitutions for making my cookie dough balls:
If you make these bliss balls gluten-free you can replace the oats with more nuts and desiccated coconut.
To make the cookie dough bliss balls nut-free, simply replace the walnuts with sunflower seeds.
You can substitute the chocolate chips with cacao nibs too. I like both versions. And if wanting to reduce the maple syrup you can half it by replacing with peanut butter.
Vegan Cookie Dough Bliss Balls
- 1 cup walnuts (or cashews/ sunflower seeds)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Blend the walnuts and rolled oats together in a food processor.
- Add in the maple syrup, vanilla and blend until it forms a sticky dough. You may need to scrap the side of the food processor or blender a few times for this step.
- Add in the chocolate chips and blend on slow speed or combine manually.
- Roll each ball with your hands and store in the fridge or freezer.
If you like this recipe you might also enjoy these recipes of mine:
- chocolate chips banana pancakes
- chocolate chips peanut butter loaf
- oat strawberry slice
- Twix bites
- Healthy vegan chocolate weetbix slice (nut-free)
And as always if you make my recipe and share it on instagram please tag me @healthyfrenchwife I would love to see it!