These are the best Vegan twix bites I have ever tasted! I am so excited to share this homemade twix bars recipe with you. It is my most liked and recreated recipe on my blog and for a good reason! You must try my take on the vegan twix bars for yourself!
I chose to make my homemade twix bars as vegan twix bites instead of bars to make them much easier to create. It is so much more simple using silicon moulds as opposed to create more time consuming and difficult vegan twix bars.
These delicious raw vegan twix bites also a great vegan recipe to share with others to show how delicious vegan treats can be!! I love getting comments and feedback from my readers who make them and tell me how their partners/ families/ coworkers thought they were delicious too!
My best ever vegan twix bites are made with a yummy raw vegan caramel centre, an oat base like biscuit and a dark chocolate topping. They are honestly so so delicious! You really need to try them for yourself! Homemade twix bars are just so much more delicious!
They might be made with healthy and nutritious ingredients but they are still a treat although a healthier treat. I tried to keep the dates/sugar on the low side as I don’t like eating too much of it.
I hope you will enjoy this vegan twix bites recipe as much as we do! Typing this recipe makes me want to go make another batch!
The Best Vegan Twix Bites
- food processor + silicone muffin moulds
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil or water to make them oil free
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup /10 Medjool dates
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil or water
- pinch of salt
- 50 gr dairy-free dark chocolate or raw chocolate
- Soak your dates in hot water;
- In a food processor add in the almonds and oats and process until very fine. Add in the melted coconut oil, maple syrup and sea salt and process for a few minutes.
- Spoon about a large tbsp of the base in each moulds and press down hard with a glass or your hands.
- For the caramel, drain the dates and blend with the tahini for a few minutes. Add in the coconut oil and sea salt and blend until you get a smooth paste.
- Spread on top of your bases and pop in the freezer for 1-2 hours.
- Melt your dark chocolate or make homemade raw chocolate and pour on too of the caramel. Leave to set for 5 minutes in the freezer then pop them out of your silicon tray and keep in the freezer or fridge until 30 minutes before serving. You can also enjoy them straight out of the freezer.
Vegan Twix Bites Substitutions:
You can sub the oats for extra nuts or coconut flour if you cannot have gluten/oats.
Nut-free: if you cannot have almonds, sub them for sunflower seeds or desiccated coconut.
Also I used a silicone mould to make them into bites but you can also turn them into one large slice and then cut them into vegan twix bars. Or small squares. I think this recipe would also be amazing as one large tart cut into triangles.
You can also top them with extra nuts/ coconut or vegan chocolates.
They keep best in the fridge or freezer but can be left out for a little while unless it is very hot and the chocolate topping will melt.
Other recipes: if you like this recipe you might also want to check out these recipes:
- raw lemon and blueberry mini cheesecakes
- Mini mocha cheesecakes
- Raw Chocolate Peanut Slice
- Raw fudgey brownies
- Chocolate Ganache Caramel Tart
If you make these vegan twix bars please tag me on Instagram! I would love to see them. Tag me @healthfyrenchwife.