Vegan twix like bites or cups(not sure really what to call them!!) made with a yummy raw vegan caramel and an oat base. So delicious! They might be made with healthy and nutritious ingredients but they are still a treat although a healthier treat. I tried to keep the dates/sugar on the low side as I don’t like eating too much of it. I hope you will enjoy the recipe!
Vegan Twix Bites
Makes 6 Large Bites using a muffin silicon tray.
- 1/2 cup of almonds
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 3 tbsp of melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup or 10 medjool dates pitted and soaked in boiling water for 10-20 minutes.
- 3 tbsp of tahini
- 3 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt
50gr of dairy-free 70% cacao chocolate or raw chocolate
- Soak your dates in hot water;
- In a food processor add in the almonds and oats and process until very fine. Add in the melted coconut oil, maple syrup and sea salt and process for a few minutes.
- Spoon about a large tbsp of the base in each moulds and press down hard with a glass or your hands.
- For the caramel, drain the dates and blend with the tahini for a few minutes. Add in the coconut oil and sea salt and blend until you get a smooth paste.
- Spread on top of your bases and pop in the freezer for 1-2 hours.
- Melt your dark chocolate or make homemade raw chocolate and pour on too of the caramel. Leave to set for 5 minutes in the freezer then pop them out of your silicon tray and keep in the freezer or fridge until 30 minutes before serving. You can also enjoy them straight out of the freezer.