Today I am bringing you this vegan jam cake loaf using Bonne Maman new Blackcurrant Conserve.
I love a good vegan cake loaf. I have made many of them along the years including this blueberry lemon poppyseed one and this buckwheat raspberry choc chip loaf. But this time I made a vegan jam cake or loaf.
It can be made with any jams or conserves.
I used Bonne Maman Blackcurrant Conserve. I think any berry-dark red jams would look beautiful in this vegan jam cake loaf recipe.
Being French this is a brand close to my heart.
I grew up with jars of Bonne Maman jams always at the breakfast table and I loved being able to collaborate with this brand in this recipe.
I hope you will enjoy this recipe as well.
How to make my Blackcurrant jam loaf:
This vegan jam cake loaf is really simple to make. I recommend not over stirring and following the recipe when making it.
Vegan baking can be tricky at times. I have not tried it in a round baking tin but it should work.
Vegan Jam Cake Loaf
- 1 1/2 cup wholemeal (whole-wheat) flour
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup + 3 tbsp soy milk
- 1/4 cup sugar or sweetener of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup apple sauce (compote) or sub for 1/4 cup oil and more sugar
- 1/2 cup jam of your choice (I used Bonne Maman Blackcurrant Conserve)
- Preheat your oven to 175 degrees Celsius (347 Degrees Fahrenheit);
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, oats, vanilla and mix together.
- Add in the apple sauce, soy milk and combine together. Do not over mix it.
- Pour 2/3 of the cake batter in the tin then add a layer of the jam. Top with scoops of the remaining batter.
- Add spoons of jam on top and create swirls with a knife.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes at 175 degrees Celsius (347 Degrees Fahrenheit); leave to cool before slicing.
This recipe does contain wheat flour. You could substitute it for spelt flour or try with buckwheat flour which is my favorite gluten-free flour to bake with.
Like in this buckwheat raspberry loaf.
This recipe is:
If you like this recipe of mine you might also enjoy these vegan cake loaves recipes of mine:
As always if you have questions or make my recipe I would love to hear from you. I would love to see you tag me on Instagram @healthyfrenchwife
If looking for other vegan meal ideas check out my 4 Week Plant-based Reset meal plans and recipes here!