This raw vegan caramel slice recipe with pecans is an old recipe of mine but I decided to update it a little from 2017. There are many many caramel slices recipes out there but most have way too many dates, coconut oil or sweetener for my liking. I prefer to keep mine a bit more on the healthier side so I can enjoy it guilt-free!
This pecan vegan caramel slice would be great in Fall/ Autumn, for Thanksgiving and to share with friends and loved ones. I personally also really like having a little square once my kids go to bed in front of Netflix!
For a few years now I have been making healthy caramel slices but I still enjoy making them here and there. I cut it into squares and keep a few in the fridge to enjoy that week and the rest in a container in the freezer for another time.
This site uses ads and affiliate content as an Amazon associate earning on qualifying purchases. Disclosure.
Why are raw vegan caramel slices good-for-you?
Instead of highly processed flour, sugar and oil found in baking recipes this raw vegan caramel slice contains dates (high in fibre which is important for blood sugar control), pecan and almonds (good source of protein, calcium, magnesium, and potassium, which help lower blood pressure.) Tahini is a good source of minerals such as calcium, magnesium, iron and rich source of B vitamins that boost energy and brain function.
How to make my vegan caramel slice with pecans?
Raw Vegan Caramel Pecan Slice Recipe
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup pecans or almonds or half and half
- 1/2 cup oats or quinoa flakes
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp water (or coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1 cup soaked pitted dates (soak for a few hours or 5 minutes in boiling water Medjool dates work best
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2-3 tbsp water from the soaked dates
- 50 gr melted dark chocolate or raw chocolate (1/4 cup coconut oil + 1/4 cup cacao + 1/4 cup maple syrup)
- 1/2 cup pecan nuts
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper or plastic wrap.
- In a food processor mix the base ingredients together and press down in the tin. Place it in the freezer while you make the caramel layer.
- Soak the dates and then mix them in the food processor then add tahini and water. Spread on top of the chocolate base and place back in the freezer.
- In a bowl either mix the melted coconut oil with cacao and maple syrup with a whisk and pour on top of the caramel slice or melt some vegan dark chocolate and spread on top.
- Top with pecan nuts.
- Place back in the freezer to set for 15 minutes then serve. You can keep it in the fridge and freezer for 2 weeks in a container.
If looking for a nut-free caramel slice recipe check out my nut-free caramel cups here.
Instead of pecans you can use almonds, peanuts or walnuts. And instead of oats you could use desiccated coconut or quinoa flakes to make my healthy caramel slice gluten-free.
For similar recipes you might also enjoy:
- raw vegan snickers cheesecakes
- vegan twix cups
- peanut and chocolate slice
- vegan almond butter snickers slice
So there we have it!– I know you’re going to love this pecan vegan caramel slice!
And, if you do make this healthy caramel slice recipe please let me know in the comments below what you think! I truly love hearing from you, and I’m always here to answer any questions you might have. And of course, tag me on Instagram with your pictures using the hashtag #healthyfrenchwife. Nothing makes me happier than to see your recreations.
This recipe contains:
- nuts (pecans/almonds)
- tahini (sesame seeds)
If looking for other vegan meal ideas check out my 4 Week Plant-based Reset meal plans and recipes here!