I know a lot of vegan desserts and especially raw sweets are made with a lot of nuts. I decided to try making one of my favourite dessert: raw vegan caramel cups and make them nut-free. Next time I will have to try to make a recipe coconut-free as I know a lot of little kids cannot have coconut too.
Crunchy Chocolate Base:
- 1 cup of sunflower seeds
- 3 tbsp of cacao
- 4 tbsp of flax meal
- 1/3 cup of melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup of desiccated coconut
- 10 medjool dates
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 tbsp of the water from the soaked dates
- 1 tbsp of tahini
Raw Chocolate topping:
- 3 tbsp of melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp of raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- Soak your dates in hot water
- In a food processor mix the dry ingredients and then add the coconut oil.
- Press in a muffin silicon tray and place in the fridge to set.
- Drain your dates but keep some of the water in which they soaked.
- Blend in your food processor with the rest of the caramel ingredients until smooth.
- Spoon on top of the chocolate bases and place in the freezer while you make the raw chocolate.
- For the raw chocolate mix in a glass the ingredients and whisk together with a fork or whisk to make it smooth.
- Pour on top of the caramel layer and leave to set for a few hours in the fridge.