I love raw vegan caramel cups! But I know a lot of vegan desserts and especially raw sweet recipes are made with a lot of nuts like almonds in the base and cashews for the filling. I decided to try making one of my favourite dessert: raw vegan caramel cups and make them nut-free. I swapped nuts for seeds to make the base and used tahini and dates for the yummy goey vegan caramel layer that make these nut-free caramel cups so delicious!
Next time I will have to try to make a recipe coconut-free as I know a lot of little kids cannot have coconut too. Although you can simply leave it out and add water instead.
Raw Vegan Nut-free Caramel Cups
Crunchy Chocolate Base:
- 1 cup of sunflower seeds
- 3 tbsp of cacao
- 4 tbsp of flax meal
- 1/3 cup of melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup of desiccated coconut
- 10 medjool dates
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 tbsp of the water from the soaked dates
- 1 tbsp of tahini
Raw Chocolate topping:
- 3 tbsp of melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp of raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- Soak your dates in hot water
- In a food processor mix the dry ingredients and then add the coconut oil.
- Press in a muffin silicon tray and place in the fridge to set.
- Drain your dates but keep some of the water in which they soaked.
- Blend in your food processor with the rest of the caramel ingredients until smooth.
- Spoon on top of the chocolate bases and place in the freezer while you make the raw chocolate.
- For the raw chocolate mix in a glass the ingredients and whisk together with a fork or whisk to make it smooth.
- Pour on top of the caramel layer and leave to set for a few hours in the fridge.
If you like this recipe you might also enjoy these recipes:
- The best vegan twix cups
- Raw Vegan Peanut chocolate slice
- Vegan GF nut-free blueberry and lemon poppyseed loaf
- Nut-free vegan gingerbread bliss balls
- Nut-free vegan berry crumble