Try making my delicious vegan kale Panzanella salad recipe with roasted vegetables and butternut squash. A great healthy and tasty side dish.
I love salads but even I as a nutritionist prefer a salad that comes with garlicky croutons! ??
This kale panzanella salad meets both the tasty and healthy brief! It is also very simple to make as the oven will do most of the cooking for you! (Which is kind of my favourite way to cook as it gives me more time to prepare other part of the meals, set the table or just scroll Instagram haha)
I like combining the kale with the sweet roasted pumpkin/ butternut squash and other roasted vegetables. You can easily prepare the roasted vegetables ahead of time. This kale panzanella salad recipe would be great as a side dish or as a light lunch or dinner. You can add chickpeas, tofu or other plat-based protein sources.
How to make my vegan kale Panzanella salad:
Vegan Kale Panzanella Salad with Roasted Vegetables
- 1/2 butternut squash or any squash pumpkin
- 1 red capsicum (red pepper)
- 1 red onion (spanish onion)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4 slices of old sourdough bread
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bunch kale (tuscan)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp red wine balsamic vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C (347 F). Peel and chop the butternut squash/pumpkin and the other vegetables and place on a baking tray. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and olive oil. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes or until cooked.
- Chop bread into bite-sized pieces. Brush bread with 1 tablespoon oil, then bake in the oven for 10-20 minutes each side or until lightly charred and crunchy. Rub bread pieces all over with 1 peeled garlic clove.
- While the bread and vegetables cook in the oven, rinse your kale leaves and chop after removing the stems. Massage with 2 tsp of olive oil.
- Combine the kale with the roasted vegetables, croutons and dress with balsamic vinegar and pepper. Optional: pine nuts, vegan parmesan.
Swap the sourdough bread croutons for roasted chickpeas or crackers if making this kale panzanella salad in a hurry. And you can use other vegetables as well such as tomatoes.
So there we have it!– I know you’re going to love this vegan kale panzanella salad with roasted vegetables at your next lunch or dinner!
For other salad recipes of mine check these posts of mine:
And, if you do make this sourdough panzanella recipe please let me know in the comments below what you think! I truly love hearing from you, and I’m always here to answer any questions you might have. Also please tag me on Instagram with your pictures using the hashtag #healthyfrenchwife. Nothing makes me happier than to see your recreations.
This sourdough panzanella recipe is:
If looking for other vegan meal ideas check out my 4 Week Plant-based Reset meal plans and recipes here!