Guess what? I have your new most favourite recipe! These Almond Butter snickers will be for sure your new favourites!
These Almond Butter Snickers Bars are made with an almond butter oat base, almond butter date gooey caramel, whole almonds and a crunchy dark chocolate topping. Vegan – almost raw and made with wholesome nourishing ingredient it is a healthy treat I can recommend as a nutritionist!
Is this almond butter snickers recipe worth spending $8 on a jar of almond butter? You bet it is! haha in seriousness I wish almond butter wasn’t so expensive and yes you can make it yourself but if you don’t then it is alright just buying it.
This site uses ads and affiliate content as an Amazon associate earning on qualifying purchases. Disclosure.
One great thing about almond butter (apart from its delicious taste) is it is high in calcium. Combined with the oats, dates this is a high fibre, energy and nutrient dense healthy snack. I had 2 bars before a workout and had lots of energy! they also make a delicious treat while watching netflix!
I highly recommend keeping it in the freezer or only taking 2-4 bars at a time in the fridge so as not to over eat them too much as it can easily be done!
Substitutions for making my Almond Butter Snickers:
If you cannot have almonds but can have peanuts so swap the almonds and almond butter for peanut and peanut butter in these vegan snickers bars. To make it nut-free best try a different recipe like my nut-free raw caramel cups.
To make it gluten-free swap the oats with desiccated coconut.
And if you wish you can dip them completely in melted chocolate so they are fully covered by freezing them a bit longer before dipping them. You will need to double the chocolate for this. It can be a little bit messy.
Almond Butter Snickers Bars
- food processor; freezer
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp date syrup
Almond Butter Caramel
- 3/4 cup pitted dates
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup whole or chopped almonds
- 100gr melted dairy-free chocolate
- Line a slice/loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a food processor combine the almond meal, oats and blend until fine. Then add the date syrup and almond butter to form a sticky dough. Press down with your hands to create a firm flat base. Place in the freezer while you make the caramel.
- For the caramel combine in a blender the dates, vanilla, pinch of salt, almond butter and water. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Spread the almond butter caramel over the base. Then top with almonds and place it back in the freezer.
- Melt the dark chocolate and either dip the bars in or spread the chocolate on top of the almonds (easier option).
- Store in the freezer or fridge.
If you like this recipe of mine you might also like these recipes:
If you make this recipe and love it just as much as I do please tag me on Instagram @healthyfrenchwife I would love to see them!