I made this raw vegan cashew hemp slice with freeze-dried pomegranate almost 2 years ago and shared it a few times on my Instagram page ( @healthyfrenchwife). But lately I have been wanting to save all of my recipes on my website so if anything happens to Instagram I will still have my recipes! So here is this very popular cashew hemp slice recipe!
Hemp seeds can be a little expensive but they are very nutritious and we eat a lot of them in our house due to their high omega-3 and iron content.
This raw vegan cashew hemp slice is made with a hemp seed base and a delicious creamy cashew layer topped with freeze-dried pomegranate seeds. (You could also use fresh pomegranate). Or also fresh or frozen raspberries to achieve a similar look! Or you could add other toppings such as chocolate, nuts, caramel, peanut butter etc and extra hemp seeds to top.
This site uses ads and affiliate content as an Amazon associate earning on qualifying purchases. Disclosure.
For the base you could substitute the nuts and seeds which other nuts you have already in your pantry. For the cashew layer if you cannot have cashew you can try with macadamia nuts. Although I have not tried it myself.
Raw Vegan Cashew Hemp Slice
- 1 cup almonds or other nuts
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 cup raw cashews soaked in water overnight or for a few hours
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup pomegranate or raspberries
- In a food processor, blend the almonds then add the hemp seeds and dates and process until it forms a sticky dough. Add the vanilla and water and blend together.
- Press down the base in a square tin lined with baking paper. Place the base in the freezer while you make the cashew layer.
- Drain and rinse your soaked cashews and blend in your food processor along with the maple syrup, vanilla and melted coconut oil. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Get the base out of the freezer and spread the cashew layer over. Top with pomegranate or raspberries.
- Place the slice back in the freezer for 1-2 hours to set. Take out 30 minutes before slicing/serving.
As I mentioned above, every time I share this recipe on my Instagram it is very very popular. This raw vegan cashew hemp slice really gets your interest so I hope having this raw slice up on my website now will be useful for you! I will also pop it onto my Pinterest account! Follow me on Pinterest too if you are not already! It is a good way to save some of my recipes.
If you like this raw vegan cashew slice recipe you might also enjoy these raw vegan recipes of mine: