AKA Cherry Ripe for the Aussies! Not sure if Cherry Ripe candy bars exist in America or Europe?
We are going to Sydney today for the start of our journey to Reunion Island, then we fly to Perth, then to Mauritius and then Reunion Island. A big and long journey with twin toddlers. Not fun!
Raw Chocolate Cherry Coconut Slice
- ½ cup of pitted dates
- 1 cup of raw almonds
- ½ cup of oats or quinoa flakes for gf
- 1 tbsp of raw cacao
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 3 tbsp of water
- pinch of sea salt
Cherry Coconut Layer:
– 2 cups of pitted frozen or fresh cherries
– 1 cup of desiccated coconut
– ¼ cup of stevia
– ½ cup of raw cashews
– 1 tbsp of coconut oil
– 1 tsp of vanilla
– 3 tbsp of coconut oil melted
– 3 tbsp of maple syrup
– 3 tbsp of raw cacao powder
- For the base mix in a food processor the nuts then add the dates and oats and add the water, vanilla, cacao, sea salt and water.
- In a slice or loaf tin line some baking paper and press the base down with your fingers.
- In the food processor, mix the nuts and coconut together, then add the cherries.
- Mix until smooth then add the stevia, vanilla, melted coconut oil and pour on top of the base. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes before doing the chocolate layer.
- For the chocolate layer, mix the melted coconut oil with the maple syrup and cacao in a bowl with a whisk then pour on top of the slice and place in the freezer for 1 hour.
Take out 20 minutes before serving.