This raw vegan coconut cherry slice could also be called a Cherry Ripe for the Aussies! Not sure if Cherry Ripe candy bars exist in America or Europe? But it is a common candy bar here in Australia with a cherry coconut centre and a coating of dark chocolate! I quite like this flavour combination myself so I decided to make it a raw vegan version!
I used frozen cherries in the filling and fresh ones to top but you could use fresh inside too if you had the patience to remove all the pips!
Raw Chocolate Cherry Coconut Slice
- Â½ cup of pitted dates
- 1 cup of raw almonds
- Â½ cup of oats or quinoa flakes for gf
- 1 tbsp of raw cacao
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 3 tbsp of water
- pinch of sea salt
Cherry Coconut Layer:
– 2 cups of pitted frozen or fresh cherries
– 1 cup of desiccated coconut
– Â¼ cup of stevia
– Â½ cup of raw cashews
– 1 tbsp of coconut oil
– 1 tsp of vanilla
– 3 tbsp of coconut oil melted
– 3 tbsp of maple syrup
– 3 tbsp of raw cacao powder
- For the base mix in a food processor the nuts then add the dates and oats and add the water, vanilla, cacao, sea salt and water.
- In a slice or loaf tin line some baking paper and press the base down with your fingers.
- In the food processor, mix the nuts and coconut together, then add the cherries.
- Mix until smooth then add the stevia, vanilla, melted coconut oil and pour on top of the base. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes before doing the chocolate layer.
- For the chocolate layer, mix the melted coconut oil with the maple syrup and cacao in a bowl with a whisk then pour on top of the slice and place in the freezer for 1 hour.
Take out this raw vegan cherry coconut slice about 20 minutes before serving.Â Keep in the fridge or freezer.
If you like this raw vegan coconut and cherry slice recipe you might also enjoy these recipes: