Today I am sharing my vegan healthy cherry ripe recipe! In case you do not know what a cherry ripe is it is a coconut cherry candy bar covered in chocolate.
This vegan healthy cherry recipe would be perfect for Spring or Summer here in Australia when it is peak cherry season. The best part in this healthy cherry ripe recipe is that you can store it in the freezer and have some cherry ripe all year long! For another Aussie classic slice try my vegan healthy weetbix slice.
I quite like this flavour combination of coconut, cherries and chocolate myself so I decided to make it a raw vegan version in this healthy cherry ripe slice!
I used frozen cherries in the filling and fresh ones to top but you could use fresh cherries only inside too if you had the patience to remove all the pips! This is a great vegan cherry recipe.
This is a fairly easy recipe to make but it does require a good food processor or high speed blender to crush the frozen cherries and nuts and create a nice coconut cherry filling.
How to make my healthy Cherry Ripe:
Vegan Cherry Ripe Slice
Chocolate Coconut Base
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 3 tbsp water
Cherry Coconut Layer
- 2 cups fresh or frozen PITTED cherries
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup raw cashews or almonds or coconut cream1
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- melted dark chocolate or raw chocolate to top
- extra cherries and coconut to top
- For the base mix in a food processor the nuts then add the dates and coconut and add the water, vanilla, cacao and water.
- In a slice or loaf tin line some baking paper and press the base down with your fingers.
- In the food processor, mix the nuts and coconut together, then add the cherries.
- Mix until smooth then add the maple syrup, vanilla, melted coconut oil and pour on top of the base. Place in the freezer for 60 minutes before topping with raw chocolate or melted dark chocolate.
- Take out this raw vegan cherry coconut slice about 20 minutes before serving. Keep in the fridge or freezer.
In this healthy cherry ripe you can substitute the nuts around with almond or cashews. I recommend not trying this recipe if you cannot have coconut as this would be difficult to recreate a cherry ripe slice without desiccated coconut.
For the cherry filling layer I think combining the cherries with coconut cream in a high speed food processor could also create a yummy filling.
For topping I prefer using melted dark chocolate that is dairy free but you could use raw chocolate.
If you like this raw vegan coconut and cherry slice recipe you might also enjoy these recipes:
- Raw vegan mini lemon and blueberry cheesecakes
- Vegan Cherry Coconut slice
- Cherry Coconut Almond Frappe
- Raw Vegan Peanut and chocolate slice
If you make my vegan cherry ripe slice recipe I would love to know. Please leave me a comment below or tag me on Instagram @healthyfrenchwife #healthyfrenchwife I often reshare your creations!