You should definitely make this raw vegan nectarine tart!
Nothing says summer more than stone fruits. I absolutely love nectarines and can’t get enough of them. I like making raw tarts in summer as they are more refreshing than cooked fruit tarts. Also it doesn’t require the use of the oven, which is a big plus for a hot Australian summer’s day.
I have made this raw vegan nectarine tart a few times and either make it as a large tart or 3 mini tarts. It is very loved. And as most of my recipes this summer vegan recipe is gluten-free, refined sugar-free, dairy-free, egg-free and healthier for you as packed with nourishing wholesome ingredients and delicious juicy nectarines.
This raw vegan treat recipe was also featured on the SBS Food website a few years ago and styled beautifully. Check it out here.
Since is it a raw vegan treat it needs to be kept in the fridge. It is made with cashews so if you have a cashew allergy I might recommend making a macadamia cream or try out a different recipe from my blog.
Vegan Raw Nectarine Tart
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup soaked cashews (3-6 hours in water)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 3 nectarines- yellow best for their vibrant colour
- Line a 25 cm round tart tin with plastic wrap.
- Mix in a food processor the almonds and desiccated coconut for a few minutes until chopped finely. Add the dates, coconut oil and process for another few minutes. Add 1 tablespoon of water if the mix is too dry and not sticky enough.
- Place the crust mixture in the tart tin and use your fingers or the back of a spoon to spread the crust all the way to the sides and press firmly. Put the crust in the freezer for 5-10 minutes while you make the filling.
- For the filling, rinse the soaked cashews well and place them in the food processor. Blend for 3-5 minutes until smooth, pushing it down the sides from time to time. Add in the coconut oil, rice malt syrup and vanilla and blend for a few more minutes.
- Remove the crust from the freezer and pour in the tart filling, spreading it evenly. Top with the nectarines. As tempting as it may be to devour it straight away, the cream needs to set in the fridge or freezer for it to taste right. Pop it in the freezer for 1 hour or in the fridge for 2 hours to set.
- Take it out of the fridge or freezer about 15 minutes before serving.
If you don’t have nectarines you can make it with any other stone fruits or berries. They would make a great substitute or kiwi-fruit too. But this raw nectarine tart is great to make in summer and wait for summer for it!
Other raw vegan recipes:
If you like this raw vegan recipe you should join my email list to receive my FREE MINI RAW TREATS EBOOK.
Or you might also like this raw vegan recipes of mine:
- raw vegan cashew hemp slice
- Hazelnut cheesecakes – mini/raw/vegan
- Raw cacao peanut slice
- raw vegan nut-free caramel cups
If you remake it I hope to see it! So please tag me @healthyfrenchwife on Instagram and make sure to follow my nutrition/kids account @healthy.little.tummies. Also check out my cookbook by the same name too for plant-based family recipes: Healthy Little Tummies.
Leave a Reply