Who does not like hazelnut and chocolate together??! I looove love love this flavour combination and I can eat vegan homemade healthy nutella by the spoonful. I made these mini vegan hazelnut and chocolate cheesecakes for my dad’s birthday last week. We all loved them!
Vegan Hazelnut and Chocolate Mini Cheesecakes
- 1/2 cup of almonds
- 1/2 cup of hazelnuts
- 1 cup of pitted dates
- 1 tbsp of water
- 1 tbsp of cacao
- 1 cup of soaked cashews 4-6 hours
- 6 tbsp of raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp of vanilla powder
- 1/2 cup of rice malt syrup
- 1/3 cup of melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup of roasted hazelnut butter (homemade nutella)
- Melted raw chocolate + roasted hazelnuts to top
- First make some homemade vegan chocolate hazelnut butter by roasting 1 cup of hazelnuts in the oven for 10min at 200 degrees and blending with 1/4 cup of maple syrup, 1/3 cup of cacao and 1/3 cup of coconut oil. (This recipe will make more than you need for the cheesecakes – you can top them with it or use it for toast/ dipping fruit! )
- In a food processor blend the base ingredients together then press down into silicon muffin moulds.
- Then drain your soaked cashews and blend with the cacao, coconut oil, rice malt syrup and hazelnut cacao butter and the vanilla.
- Pour on-top of the raw bases and freeze for a few hours.
- Top with melted chocolate and extra hazelnuts and keep in the fridge for a few days or freezer for a few weeks.
If you make this recipe or any of my recipes I would love to see it so please tag me on Instagram @healthyfrenchwife thanks xx