I am sharing this new recipe with you for mini vegan lemon and poppyseed muffins!
In case you are interested in more behind-the-scenes of running a food blog I keep a schedule for the month of recipes I plan on making and meal plan accordingly. I chop and change very often but it helps me get a bit more balance in my posts without only posting raw treats or muffins!
These cute mini lemon and poppyseed muffins did not disappoint and I had to quickly put some away for my husband otherwise he would have missed out haha.
This site uses ads and affiliate content as an Amazon associate earning on qualifying purchases. Disclosure.
Now these vegan lemon muffins are dairy-free, egg-free and delicious.
They do not need a lemon icing on top but feel free to add it if you want. I always want to keep my recipes pretty low sugar. I prefer using natural sugars such as maple syrup and coconut sugar as opposed to white and icing sugar.
Also I used self raising flour today because it was the only one found in the shops recently. (This was due to a Coronavirus induced shortage for anyone reading this blogpost in the future! Please tell me future reader that it got better quickly!!5 weeks into lockdown here and going crazy! obviously!)
back to the flour- you can sub the self raising flour for all purpose and add 2 tsp baking powder.
Oh and please do not- I repeat do not use bottled lemon juice for this recipe. Buy 2 fresh lemons from the shop if you can!
Mini Vegan Lemon and Poppyseed Muffins
- 1.5 cup self-raising all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp poppyseeds
- 2 lemons (zest + juice)
- 3/4 cup plant milk of choice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Pre-heat your oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- In a mixing bowl, combine with a spoon the flour, sugar, almond meal, poppyseeds.
- Then zest and juice the lemons and add to the dry ingredients.
- Add in the maple syrup and soy milk and combine together with a spoon.
- Grease your mini muffin tray with spray or olive oil/vegan butter then spoon about a tablespoon of the dough into each hole.
- Place in the oven to bake for 12-15 minutes at 175 degrees Celsius. Check often as they donâ€™t take long to cook!
Other vegan muffin recipes:
If you like this recipe you might also like these recipes of mine:
- raspberry macadamia muffins
- blueberry muffins
- mango muffins
- vegan gf blueberry lemon poppyseed loaf
- raw vegan lemon and blueberry mini cheesecakes
I would love to see you make these lemon muffins so please tag me on Instagram if you do @healthyfrenchwife.