Just realised I posted this recipe without including a little brief about it before. haha Silly me! I made these lemon and blueberry cheesecakes to share with a friend for a playdate. I have been craving raw vegan treats lately. I am glad I don’t live in a town where they are easily found or I would be buying some everyday! I like making them and my twins loved them too.
A healthier for you little treat in a perfect little portion. Vegan, GF, low sugar and really yummy! I am always surprised at how close to normal cheesecake flavour they can taste with cashews. Also definitely not as sweet…
Mini Raw Vegan Lemon Blueberry CheesecakeÂ
- 1 cup of almonds
- 1/2 cup of pitted dates
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 cup of soaked cashews (overnight)
- 1 lemon juiced
- 4 tbsp of coconut oil
- 3 tbsp of maple syrup
- 1 cup of frozen or fresh blueberries
- To make the base, mix the almonds then add the dates in a food processor until it forms a fine crumb then add the coconut oil and combine.
- Press the mixture down in silicon muffing moulds using a glass or your fingers. Store in the freezer while you make the next step.
- For the cheesecake layer: soak your cashews – preferably overnight or for a few hours in hot/boiling water.
- Blend in a food processor with the juice of 1 lemon, maple syrup and melted coconut oil. Blend until smooth.
- Get your base out of the freezer. Add a few fresh or frozen blueberries on top of the bases then spoon the cheesecake mixture.
- Top with more blueberries and freeze for 2-3 hours to set. Take out of the freezer for one hour before serving and store them in the fridge.