I am sharing an updated version of my healthy blueberry crumble recipe. When suddenly wanting to serve dessert in the evening I always choose this simple and easy vegan blueberry crumble. Not only delicious, it is quite healthy, low sugar and very simple to make with staple ingredients in my pantry.
Indeed, I always have frozen blueberries in my freezer and a combination of flour, almond meal, maple syrup, oats and seeds for the crumble topping.
My crumble is great served on its own or with ice-cream. It is a pretty light and healthy crumble and only serve 4-6 people. You could double the berries if wanting to make larger serves. If wanting to make it with a different flavour I also have a peach and mango crumble or a mixed berry nut-free crumble on my blog.
Check out my healthy blueberry crumble recipe below:
How to make my healthy blueberry crumble recipe:
- Layer the blueberries at the bottom of your baking dish.
- In a bowl combine the flour, almond meal, oats, maple syrup, cinnamon and baking powder. Add the melted coconut oil and press the crumble on top of the berries.
- Place in the oven to bake for 40 minutes at 175 degrees Celsius (345 degrees Fahrenheit).
Substitutions when making my crumble recipe:
You can swap the frozen blueberries for apples, frozen raspberries or a mix of different berries.
You could substitute the whole wheat flour for buckwheat flour to make it gluten-free. And if you don’t have maple syrup you can use coconut sugar instead and add 1 tbsp of melted coconut oil.
I used pumpkin or sunflower seeds but you could use coconut flakes or use crushed almonds if you prefer. The seeds add a bit of crunch and nutrients (iron and zinc).
Healthy Blueberry Crumble Recipe
- 500 gr frozen blueberries
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup wholemeal flour
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup sunflower or pumpkin seeds
- Pre-heat your oven to 175 degrees Celsius (345 degrees Fahrenheit) while you make the crumble.
- Lay the blueberries at the bottom and sprinkle with lemon juice;
- In a bowl, mix the almond meal, flour, oats, baking powder and cinnamon;
- Add in the nuts and then the melted coconut oil and maple syrup and combine together.
- Spread the crumble on top of the blueberries.
- Cook for 40 minutes at 175 degrees Celsius (345 degrees Fahrenheit). Serve warm with dairy-free vanilla ice-cream.
I hope you will enjoy my recipe. If you do and want to share it on Instagram on your stories please tag me @healthyfrenchwife.
For other blueberries recipes:
Leave a Reply