Spring has definitely sprung in Orange! We have had some lovely weather lately. I am really excited for our first summer living in Orange despite it being our first summer without living close to the ocean.
We are enjoying the delicious Australian in-season mangoes and I love sharing dinner with the twins and my husband as a family on those Summer/spring nights!
I made this super healthy and delicious mango galette the other night and since so many of you asked for the recipes. Here it is:
Mango and Blueberry Galette
- 1 ½ cup of gluten free all-purpose baking flour (or wholemeal wheat flour)
- 3 tbsp of coconut oil (melted)
- ½ cup of cold water
- 2 ripe mangoes
- 1 handful of blueberries
- Pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- In a bowl mix the flour and coconut oil.
- Then add the cold water and mix dough with fingers until it forms a ball. Place in the fridge while you slice your mangoes.
- Remove skin from mango cheeks using a glass or a spoon and cut them into slices.
- Then roll the dough in between 2 sheets of baking paper with a rolling pin until thin.
- Remove the top baking sheet and place the mangoes and blueberries in the middle.
- Fold the edges of the dough and press down to form the galette.
- Cook for 25 minutes in the oven at 200 degrees Celsius.