I made these fun spooky Halloween Green Monster Muffins for my children this week to have for their school lunchboxes ahead of Halloween.
These vegan Halloween muffins are easily made spooky with the use of blended spinach and soy milk in the batter, spooky candied eyes (some can be not vegan- check the ingredients), and some chocolate chips to make the mouth.
Here’s how you can re-create these deliciously spooky cupcakes yourself. read on!
The twins really enjoyed having these. The green didn’t bother them at all. I think Halloween is a great time to up the green in smoothies, cakes and pancakes by making them monsters!
How to make the Green Monster Muffins:
Vegan Green Monster Muffins
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup coconut or raw sugar
- 1 tbsp flax meal
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- googly eyes
- dark chocolate chips
- Pre-heat your oven to 175 degrees C (347 degrees F) and either line your muffin tray with muffin cases or grease with oil.
- Blend the soy milk, spinach and vanilla.
- In a bowl combine the green soy milk, flour, sugar, baking powder and flax meal.
- Pour the batter in the muffins cases and top with the chocolate chips to make the mouth. I recommend putting the eyes on the muffins after cooking so they don't melt.
- Bake for 30 minutes and top with the googly eyes.
I have not tried this particular vegan muffin recipe with gluten-free flour but you could try it with buckwheat flour as I have other muffin recipes with buckwheat or even oat flour muffins here.
So there we have it!– I know you’re going to love these vegan green monster muffins!
And, if you do make this Halloween muffin recipe please let me know in the comments below what you think! Also, me on Instagram with your pictures using the hashtag #healthyfrenchwife.
This green monster muffins recipe is:
If looking for other vegan meal ideas check out my 4 Week Plant-based Reset meal plans and recipes here!
Leave a Reply