Looking for something different for lunch? I have you sorted with these healthy savoury green pancakes served with a tomato basil and red onion salsa. So good. Even my kiddies liked their “Shrek” pancakes for lunch. And yay for sneaking some extra spinach into a dish! I am all for leafy greens and if I have to hide them for my twin toddlers so be it!
Vegan Savoury Green Pancakes
- 1 cup of chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup of wholemeal flour
- 1/2 cup of baby spinach
- 1/4 tsp of onion powder
- Â¼ tsp of garlic powder
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp of water
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Â½ tsp of cumin powder (optional)
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- chopped tomatoes, red onion and basil leaves to serve alongside.
- In a blender mix all the ingredients together apart from tomatoes, red onion and basil.
- Heat some olive oil in a pan, spoon some of your pancake batter and cook your pancakes a few minutes each side.
- Do this with the remaining pancakes.
- Serve with some chopped tomatoes, red onion, basil, olive oil, salt and pepper.