I am sharing the healthy vegan Christmas salad recipe I made last year at our Christmas table with quinoa and green beans. I made this healthy vegan Christmas salad last year to have as a balanced nutritious vegan meal. Because this Christmas salad has quinoa and chickpeas it is more like a balanced meal as opposed to just a few leaves of spinach! It is actually very high in protein (perfect to balance out too much champagne or chocolate!). This vegan Christmas salad is also high in fibre so perfect to keep your digestion running smoothly over the holidays.
Healthy Vegan Christmas Salad
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 medium sweet potato diced and roasted
- 1 red onion diced and roasted
- 200 gr green beans steamed or boiled
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup almonds
- olive oil for dressing
- salt and pepper
- lemon juice or vinaigrette optional
- Prepare the quinoa ahead of time cooking it in boiling water.
- Cook the diced red onion and sweet potato in the oven for 40 minutes at 200 degrees.
- Chop the green beans and steam or boil.
- Combine the veggies, quinoa, chopped nuts, cranberries and chickpeas (or lentils).
- Season with salt, pepper and olive oil.
- You can prepare the veggies and quinoa the day before and assemble it all the day of Christmas.
If you want to make this healthy vegan Christmas salad on Christmas day I recommend prepping the sweet potatoes, green beans and quinoa the day before (up to 2 days before) so on Christmas morning you only have to assemble it and avoid spending hours in the kitchen! I know this is what I will be doing!
You can also swap the quinoa for brown rice if you prefer and swap the sweet potato for pumpkin! You could also use millet or couscous.
If you want more healthy vegan Christmas recipes you might like my Christmas Vegan White Chocolate Rocky Road recipe too! Or these two Christmas recipes:
I also share more on my ig @healthyfrenchwife including Reels!
If you remake my vegan Christmas salad I hope to see it! So please tag me @healthyfrenchwife on Instagram and make sure to follow my nutrition/kids account @healthy.little.tummies. Also check out my cookbook by the same name too for plant-based family recipes: Healthy Little Tummies.
Also I have an announcement to make! My next 3 week plant-based reset is now available! You can join us in January 2021 to do my 21 day signature plant-based reset. Find out more here!