I have been baking healthy sweets for the past 3 years and I think these healthy vegan hazelnut brownies are my ultimate favourites!! Sweet enough, healthy and taste like nutella when you bite into the roasted hazelnuts combined with the gooey chocolate brownies. I love them! They disappeared within one day in our house! Like most sweets I bake with 3 children and 2 adults haha
For the nitty gritty they are also quite allergy-friendly as they are soy-free, egg-free, dairy-free, refined sugar free and gluten-free. They are however not nut-free! but if you can have some nuts this recipe might be for you!
I think hazelnuts are my favourite nuts to use in baking I have so many recipes that use hazelnuts on my website already!
This site uses ads and affiliate content as an Amazon associate earning on qualifying purchases. Disclosure.
Why are these vegan hazelnut brownies healthy? Because they are made with sweet potato! For the sceptics- you cannot taste sweet potato in baked goods!
Healthy Vegan Hazelnut Brownies
- 450 gr of steamed/ boiled sweet potato
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup (more if you have a sweet tooth)
- 1/2 cup of raw cacao powder
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 2/3 cup of ground almonds
- 1/2cup of gluten free flour
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup of hazelnuts
- Steam or boil your sweet potato, drain and leave to cool.
- Pre heat your oven to 175 degrees celsius and line a small brownie pan with baking paper.
- In a food processor add in the potatoes and all the other ingredients;
- Mix until very well combined.
- Spoon into your pan and press some hazelnuts in the dough + top with extra crushed hazelnuts.
- Place it in the oven and cook at 175 degrees Celsius for 45 minutes.
If you like this vegan hazelnut brownie you might also enjoy these recipes: