Who wants a slice of my vegan chocolate mud cake? One that is suitable for everyone as it is not only delicious but also vegan, gluten-free, nut-free and allergy-friendly! I think it is always nice making a chocolate cake that everyone can eat! No one should miss out when there is cake! So I hope I have achieved this with this delicious vegan Gluten free chocolate mud cake.
It was the perfect treat on the weekend to share with the twins’ grand-parents. My husband’s mother is Coeliac and I am vegan so this chocolate mudcake was made so both of us could eat it! We topped it with macadamia nuts but the cake itself is nut-free!
Finding both gluten free and vegan recipes can get tricky specially in baking trying to transform a non gluten free or non vegan recipe can result in disasters! I hope you will have more success with my vegan chocolate mud cake recipe and avoid having to make too many changes!
Vegan GF Allergy-Friendly Chocolate Mudcake
- 100 gr 90% dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 shot espresso coffee (about 2 tbsp) or sub for more water
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup sugar or sweetener of choice
- 1 cup baking GF flour blend 1 for 1 baking blend or buckwheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp of flax meal + 3 tbsp of water)
- 2 tbsp cocoa or cacao powder
Chocolate Coconut cream icing:
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat your oven to 175 degrees Celsius,
- Grease an 8inch cake tin,
- In a small bowl mix the flax eggs ingredientstogether and leave to set on the side,
- In a sauce pan melt the dark chocolate with thehot water and the shot of espresso over slow heat, whisk to combine then leaveto cool,
- In a mixing bowl combine all the dry ingredientstogether then pour the vegetable oil, flax egg and combine,
- Pour the melted chocolate in the bowl and whisktogether removing any lumps but do not over stir,
- Pour the batter in your tin and cook for 40minutes at 175 degrees Celsius.
- Leave to cool and top with a coconut creamicing.
Chocolate Coconut cream icing:
- Combine the ingredients together with a whiskuntil smooth and shiny. Add more cocoa/sweetener to taste.
- Spread the icing over the cake and top with berries and if not nut-free ormacademia nuts
If coconut icing isn’t for you, you can substitute the coconut cream icing for an icing sugar/buttercream frosting. You can also double the mudcake recipe to make a double layered vegan chocolate birthday cake. You can also use whatever fruit and nuts or other toppings on top. Sprinkles for kids birthdays, chocolate flakes for adults…
Other vegan and gluten free recipes:
If you like this allergy-friendly recipe suitable for a lot of dietary requirements you might enjoy these gluten-free vegan recipes. I used to have to eat gluten free due to my little’s one food allergies (read more about it here) so I aimed to create more gluten free and vegan recipes.
- Lemon and blueberry loaf
- Banana buckwheat cake
- Hazelnut Brownies
- hazelnut cookies
- Chocolate chickpea brownies
If you make this mudcake vegan recipe or have a question message me here with a comment below. Or you can contact me or tag me on Instagram @healthyfrenchwife