I love raw vegan caramel cups! But I know a lot of vegan desserts and especially raw sweet recipes are made with a lot of nuts like almonds in the base and cashews for the filling. I decided to try making one of my favourite dessert: raw vegan caramel cups and make them nut-free. I swapped nuts for seeds to make the base and used tahini and dates for the yummy goey vegan caramel layer that make these nut-free caramel cups so delicious!
Next time I will have to try to make a recipe coconut-free as I know a lot of little kids cannot have coconut too. Although you can simply leave it out and add water instead.
This site uses ads and affiliate content as an Amazon associate earning on qualifying purchases. Disclosure.
Raw Vegan Nut-free Caramel Cups
Crunchy Chocolate Base:
- 1 cup of sunflower seeds
- 3 tbsp of cacao
- 4 tbsp of flax meal
- 1/3 cup of melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup of desiccated coconut
- 10 medjool dates
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 tbsp of the water from the soaked dates
- 1 tbsp of tahini
Raw Chocolate topping:
- 3 tbsp of melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp of raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- Soak your dates in hot water
- In a food processor mix the dry ingredients and then add the coconut oil.
- Press in a muffin silicon tray and place in the fridge to set.
- Drain your dates but keep some of the water in which they soaked.
- Blend in your food processor with the rest of the caramel ingredients until smooth.
- Spoon on top of the chocolate bases and place in the freezer while you make the raw chocolate.
- For the raw chocolate mix in a glass the ingredients and whisk together with a fork or whisk to make it smooth.
- Pour on top of the caramel layer and leave to set for a few hours in the fridge.
If you like this recipe you might also enjoy these recipes:
- The best vegan twix cups
- Raw Vegan Peanut chocolate slice
- Vegan GF nut-free blueberry and lemon poppyseed loaf
- Nut-free vegan gingerbread bliss balls
- Nut-free vegan berry crumble