I have a new recipe for you: my version of a vegan cherry coconut loaf! I have always loved coconut and cherry cake and wanted to recreate this recipe in a cherry coconut loaf.
This recipe combines my love of fruit in baking and the exotic flavour of coconut in baking.
Vegan Cherry and Coconut Loaf Recipe:
- 2 cups of wholemeal flour
- 1 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of shredded coconut
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen cherries
- Preheat your oven to 185 degrees Celsius (350 degrees F) and like a loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, shredded coconut and add the apple cider vinegar.
- Then add the coconut milk and mix it then the maple syrup. Combine them together and add the coconut oil.
- Pour the dough into your cake tin then press down some pitted cherries and a bit more shredded coconut.
- Place in the oven and cook for 60 minutes at 185 degrees (350 degrees F) or until cooked through in the middle.
- Leave to cool down completely before slicing. It is also delicious served with a berry jam and coconut cream.
To make this loaf gluten-free I recommend swapping the wholemeal flour for gluten-free baking flour or buckwheat flour.
If you like this healthy vegan coconut and cherry cake you might also enjoy these similar recipes of mine. I would love to see it if you make my vegan coconut loaf cake so please tag me on Instagram @healthyfrenchwife
- Gf Vegan lemon and blueberry loaf
- Marble Vegan chocolate banana bread
- Vegan raspberry almond loaf
- Vegan peanut butter choc chip bread
I also invite you to check out my cookbook: Healthy Little Tummies – plant-based food for the whole family.
Cherry and coconut sounds like a really good mix! I definitely need to give this a try, thank you!
Is this temp in C or F?!!
Is there a gf swap for the wholemeal?