I have a new recipe for you: my version of a vegan cherry coconut loaf! I have always loved coconut and cherry cake and wanted to recreate this recipe in a cherry coconut loaf.
This recipe combines my love of fruit in baking and the exotic flavour of coconut in baking.
Vegan Cherry and Coconut Loaf Recipe:
- 2 cups of wholemeal flour
- 1 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of shredded coconut
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen cherries
- Preheat your oven to 185 degrees Celsius (350 degrees F) and like a loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, shredded coconut and add the apple cider vinegar.
- Then add the coconut milk and mix it then the maple syrup. Combine them together and add the coconut oil.
- Pour the dough into your cake tin then press down some pitted cherries and a bit more shredded coconut.
- Place in the oven and cook for 60 minutes at 185 degrees (350 degrees F) or until cooked through in the middle.
- Leave to cool down completely before slicing. It is also delicious served with a berry jam and coconut cream.
To make this loaf gluten-free I recommend swapping the wholemeal flour for gluten-free baking flour or buckwheat flour.
This site uses ads and affiliate content as an Amazon associate earning on qualifying purchases. Disclosure.
If you like this healthy vegan coconut and cherry cake you might also enjoy these similar recipes of mine. I would love to see it if you make my vegan coconut loaf cake so please tag me on Instagram @healthyfrenchwife
- Gf Vegan lemon and blueberry loaf
- Marble Vegan chocolate banana bread
- Vegan raspberry almond loaf
- Vegan peanut butter choc chip bread
I also invite you to check out my cookbook: Healthy Little Tummies – plant-based food for the whole family.