Have you reached your #chocolatelimit this past Easter weekend? Are you already
thinking of what recipes to make for Mother’s Day? I have a great new recipe for you: Almond Raspberry Buckwheat bread – this recipe is gluten-free, vegan and refined sugar-free so you can feel good about enjoying a slice or 2!
I collaborated with Califia Farms to create this recipe and used their Unsweetened Almond Milk. I love that their plant-based milks have no added sugar and are carrageenan-free. They also have great taste, texture and the bottles are pretty cool! You can find them nationwide (Australia) in the main supermarkets as well as independents like your local IGA. They also have an awesome range of cold brew coffees and I need to try them next for my morning coffee – especially their XX Espresso Cold Brew! I have been making vegan sweets for over 4-5 years and using a quality plant-based milk such as Califia Farms Almond Milk can really make or break plant-based baking!
So here is the recipe- I hope you like it! Don’t forget to tag me @healthyfrenchwife
on Instagram if you make it! I love seeing your recreations.
Almond Buckwheat Raspberry Bread
- 1 cup of buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup of almond meal
- 1 cup of Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/2 cup of coconut sugar or sweetener of choice
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 cup of melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp almond essence
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup of frozen raspberries
- slivered almonds to top
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius
2. Line a loaf tin with baking paper
3. In a mixing bowl, add the buckwheat flour, almond meal, essences, sweetener,
baking powder and combine.
4. Then add the almond milk and stir.
5. Add the melted coconut oil and combine well.6. Pour into your loaf tin and press some raspberries in the dough as well as top the
bread with extras and the slivered almonds.
7. Bake for 50 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.