I have not posted on my blog for a little while as we welcomed a new addition in our family. Miss Annabelle was born on 11.09.18 and since we have been very busy (with relatives staying with us and flying to Perth to attend not one but 2 weddings with a newborn and toddler twins! it was a bit crazy!).
I am finally back in the kitchen baking and creating new recipes and this one is definitely one to share with you. Let me know if you make it.
It is vegan, refined sugar free and easy to make. You can easily make it nut-free by using soy/ coconut milk instead of nut milk.
Vegan Chocolate Marble Banana Bread
- 2 cups of wholemeal flour
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp of soy or nut milk
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 2 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup or stevia
- 1/2 cup of cacao
1 extra banana to top
- Preheat your oven at 180 degrees Celsius
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a blender mash the bananas (or use a fork).
- In a bowl mix the dry ingredients together then add the bananas mashed and the wet ingredients apart from the cacao.
- Put half of the batter on the side then add the cacao in the remaining batter.
- Spoon a layer of the banana layer then a layer of chocolate layer until you use them both.
- Top with a sliced banana.
- Cook in the oven for 50-60 minutes.