Today on my website I am sharing this delicious show-stopping vegan chocolate marble banana bread! This recipe is vegan, refined sugar free and easy to make. This marble banana bread has been recreated on my Instagram by so many of you already! It makes me so happy to see you enjoy and make my recipes. You can tag me @healthyfrenchwife too if you make it!
You can easily make it nut-free by using soy or coconut milk instead of nut milk. I keep my recipes pretty low in sugar to share with my children so if you have a sweet tooth add 1/2 cup of coconut or raw sugar.
To make it gluten-free use oat or buckwheat flour. I have had readers who did this and had success with my chocolate marble recipe.
I have not posted on my blog for a little while as we welcomed a new addition in our family. Miss Annabelle was born on 11.09.18 and since we have been very busy (with relatives staying with us and flying to Perth to attend not one but 2 weddings with a newborn and toddler twins! it was a bit crazy!).
I am finally back in the kitchen baking and creating new recipes and it feels very nice to start getting back into a little routine at home with our new addition.
Vegan Chocolate Marble Banana Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose/ wholemeal flour
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 cups nut milk (+2 tbsp if required)
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 2.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 extra banana to top
- Preheat your oven at 180 degrees Celsius and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a blender mash the bananas (or use a fork).
- In a bowl mix the dry ingredients together then add the bananas mashed and the wet ingredients apart from the cacao.
- Put half of the batter on the side then add the cacao in the remaining batter.
- Spoon a layer of the banana layer then a layer of chocolate layer until you use them both.
- Top with a sliced banana.
- Cook in the oven for 50-60 minutes.
I recently updated this post in May 2020 and recreated this vegan marble banana bread recipe into muffins! I swapped the coconut oil for extra milk to keep them oil-free and they turn out great too! If you want to make this recipe into muffins just bake them for 15-20 minutes or until baked through.
If you like this banana bread recipe you might also enjoy these recipes: