Tips for going vegan this year! New Year New You!
2020 is here and I know a lot of you are aiming to include more plant-based meals into your diet. Whether you plan on eating vegan full-time or just a few times per day or per week it is a great change to make to better your health in 2020! Read below for my going vegan tips.
I have a few tips for you to help transition into veganism for 2020. Below are my top tips for making the switch to vegan.
- Join a vegan challenge such as Veganuary to join others in eating vegan; (I have a free plant-based challenge coming up mid Jan! Stay tuned!
- Take it slow: if becoming vegan full-time feels to daunting and difficult for you; choose to eat plant-based 2-3 meals per week to start with or swap your breakfast first for 1 week then add vegan lunches and once you have those figured out you can aim to eat predominantly vegan.
- Don’t take the “all or nothing approach”, it is okay if you aim to eat vegan at home but still eat animal proteins when out and about, or if you can’t say goodbye to cheese but want to stop eating meat it is still a great decision to make for your health and the environment.
- Don’t be too hard on yourself: eating plant-based is a lifestyle not a diet so if you make a mistake or eat a non-vegan meal it is okay- just try again the next day.
- Make it fun: try new recipes (check out my stories on Instagram for an amazing offer on vegan recipe ebooks!), try new ingredients, try new cuisines and vegan treats!
- Make it delicious: eating vegan doesn’t have to be boring. Try some of my vegan recipes for delicious vegan plant-based recipes. Also pasta, pizzas and ice-cream can be made vegan. You don’t have to say goodbye to all your favourite foods when eating vegan.
- Eating vegan is cheap if you avoid vegan processed foods. Eating predominantly wholegrains such as rice, legumes, lentils, vegetables, and fruits is the best for your health and your wallet!
- When in doubt fill your plate up with wholegrains, vegetables and fruits. The less processed the better!
- Take a B12 supplement and also maybe an omega-3 vegan and a vegan vit D supplement.
- Follow like-minded people on Instagram for recipe tips, vegan recipes and more. If you are not following me yet I am @healthyfrenchwife on Instagram!
I hope you found these tips for going vegan in 2020 helpful. Leave me a comment below if you have a question. I would love for you to love this new plant-based lifestyle! I also offer nutrition coaching for people transitioning to a vegan diet or worried about their current plant-based diet.
Also check out my Instagram page for my everyday vegan meals.
Leave a Reply