Who doesn’t like waking up to yummy vegan quinoa pancakes on a Sunday morning?! These vegan quinoa pancakes with banana are made with quinoa flour and are gluten-free.
Quinoa is an ancient grain used by the South American Indians but it is getting more commonly used. However quinoa flour is not quite as commonly used yet so I wanted to share a recipe using quinoa flour. Quinoa flour is one of the most nutritious flour available. It is very high in protein, gluten-free and high in iron. I recommend you try it. These quinoa banana pancakes are a great way to use quinoa flour or it is also good for baking cakes. You can find quinoa flour in most health food shops, some supermarkets and bulk food shops.
These vegan quinoa pancakes with banana are:
- made with banana
- high in protein, fibre and iron from the quinoa flour
- easy to make
How to make my vegan quinoa pancakes:
Vegan Quinoa Pancakes with banana and quinoa flour
- 2 mashed bananas (medium size)
- 1 tbsp flax seed meal
- 1 cup quinoa flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup nut or soy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Toppings: maple syrup, fruit.
- In a bowl mash the bananas with a fork then add the flax seed meal and combine together.
- Add in the quinoa flour, baking powder and vanilla essence and combine together.
- Pour in the nut milk and whisk together with a fork or whisk.
- Heat-up your pan on low to medium heat and pour¼ cup of pancake batter in the pan. Leave to cook on low heat until bubbles start forming on top. Flip carefully and cook the other side 1-2 minutes.
- Stack your pancakes and top with cut up fruits and maple syrup.
Substitutions when making my quinoa flour pancake recipe:
if you don’t have quinoa flour you can use buckwheat flour or wholemeal flour. If you don’t have flax seed meal you could add 1 tbsp chia seeds or use 1 tsp egg replacer.
You could also top them with chia jam or chocolate sauce if you preferred. Or with extra maple and lemon juice- my husband’s favourite way to have pancakes!
Allergens for my vegan quinoa pancakes:
These quinoa flour pancakes are gluten-free but contain nuts (in the plant-milk if using nut milk.
So there we have it!– I know you’re going to love this vegan quinoa pancake recipe ! And, if you do make this recipe please let me know in the comments below what you think! I truly love hearing from you, and I’m always here to answer any questions you might have. And of course, tag me on Instagram with your pictures using the hashtag #healthyfrenchwife. Nothing makes me happier than to see your recreations