New recipe today! My vegan raw cacao slice recipe! I have meant to share this recipe on my page for a while. This raw cacao slice recipe was such a delicious recipe. The cashews make this decadent mousse like texture if blended well and the cacao gives it a great chocolate taste!
This raw cacao slice recipe is so delicious with a crunchy base, smooth cashew chocolate mousse and extra melted chocolate on top. It was a very delicious dessert!
I topped my raw cacao slice with fresh strawberries and buckwheat groats (or buckinis) for extra deliciousness! The buckwheat adds a crunch and the strawberries are a great addition to the chocolate flavour.
This raw cacao slice recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free. If you are allergic to cashews you can try making it with macadamia nuts.
The best thing about this recipe is that you can cut it into small pieces and store them in the freezer to have on hand when you crave something sweet and chocolatey at night when the kids are in bed! I know as a mum that’s what I love to do! A bit of soul food to balance out the kale salads and green smoothies!
How to make my raw cacao slice recipe:
Raw Cacao Cashew Mousse Slice
- 1/2 cup buckwheat groats
- 1/2 cup dates
- 3/4 cup raw almonds
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp water
Raw Cacao Cashew Mousse
- 1 cup soaked cashews in water
- 4 tbsp cacao powder
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 cup water
- Soak cashews in water overnight.
- Blend the base ingredients together then press down in your square tin lined with baking paper.
- Drain and rinse your cashews and blend in your food processor with the other mousse layer ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Layer the cacao mousse on top of the base and leave to set in the freezer for 2-3 hours.
- Top with melted chocolate, berries and buckwheat.
- Store in the fridge or freezer.
You could also top this slice with melted vegan white chocolate or add another layer with vanilla. The recipe can also be made into mini cheesecakes or as a large cake for a birthday for example.
If you like this raw cacao mousse slice recipe you might also enjoy these recipes of mine:
- raw cacao peanut butter slice
- mini vegan snickers cheesecakes
- vegan cacao hazelnut cheesecakes
- Mini chocolate cheesecakes
- Raw vegan twix bites
If you make this recipe please tag me on @healthyfrenchwife I would love to see your recreations!
Also don’t forget to join my email list! I will send you recipes and other nutrition advice straight to your inbox! Don’t forget to also check out my @healthy.little.tummies my new Instagram page to share all things kids and plant based nutrition related.
And if you love my recipes don’t forget to check my cookbook Healthy Little Tummies out in August 2020 packed with healthy family plant-based recipes. It includes some amazing tahini chocolate cups and a raw vegan lemon blueberry cheesecake!