These vegan sweet potato tahini brownies have been such a popular recipe on my blog.
Nothing beats a mid-week chocolate treat- even better when it is made with some nutritious healthy ingredients. I have been making these healthy vegan sweet potato tahini brownies for many years and I absolutely love them. Also if you have never tried tahini brownies or sweet potato brownies you should do so!
This vegan sweet potato brownie recipe is not quite like a normal brownie recipe but it is delicious nonetheless! Perfect for Autumn/fall and also thanksgiving! This is a very popular recipe of mine and loved by many!
This vegan sweet potato tahini brownie recipe is:
- easy to make
- even better the next day cold from the fridge!
How to make my sweet potato tahini brownies:
Vegan Sweet Potato Tahini Brownies
- blender, oven
- 450 gr sweet potato cooked (about 3 mediums)
- 1/2 cup almond or soy milk
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour or other flours
- 2/3 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or other sugars
- 6 tbsp raw cacao powder or cocoa
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup tahini + more to swirl on top
- Steam, roast or boil your sweet potato, drain and leave to cool.
- Pre-heat your oven to 175 degrees celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit) and line a small brownie pan with baking paper.
- In a food processor or large blender add in the sweet potatoes and all the other ingredients;
- Mix until very well combined.
- Spoon into your brownie tin, drizzle some extra tahini and make swirls using a knife.
- Place in the oven and cook at 175 degrees Celsius (350F) for 30 minutes-40 minutes.
- Leave to cool then slice into squares. Keep in an airtight container in the fridge.
Substitutions when making my brownies:
You can swap the sweet potato for pumpkin (I did this for Halloween here). Also, you can swap the buckwheat flour for spelt or oat flour or use wheat flour or gf flour.
You could also substitute the tahini in these tahini brownies for peanut butter for a different taste!
Please note: best to measure the quantity of sweet potatoes to nail this recipe. More or less and the brownies can become a bit too goey or too dry.
So there we have it!– I know you’re going to love these vegan sweet potato brownies!
Also, if you do make this tahini brownies recipe please let me know in the comments below what you think! I truly love hearing from you, and I’m always here to answer any questions you might have. And of course, tag me on Instagram with your pictures using the hashtag #healthyfrenchwife. Nothing makes me happier than to see your recreations.
These sweet potato brownies do contain nuts and sesame seeds but are dairy-free, gluten-free and oil-free.
For other brownie recipes of mine that you might enjoy check out these: