Halloween is in a few days and I am looking forward to it. Australia does not celebrate it much but I want to dress up the kiddies and we live in a new street with lots of kids/teenagers around so we might get a few trick or treaters!
I will make some dark chocolate Halloween pumpkins to share with the twins.
I made these Pumpkin spice brownies on Saturday and as I type this on Sunday at 5pm they are all gone!!! They were a big hit I guess haha
They are vegan, soy-free, nut-free and refined sugar-free. (If you want to make them GF just use buckwheat or a gf baking flour mix)
I used homemade pumpkin puree as it is much healthier than the canned version which can be full of sugar.
I added Pumpkin Pie spices to make it more “pumpkiny” but you could omit them. I was out of ground clove and all spice so I used my DoTerra essential oils and used a drop of clove essential oil and a drop of On Guard essential oil.
And to make my brownies more spooky and Halloween-themed I tried to make a spider web using tahini and added little plastic spiders. It was fun to do with my kiddies haha
Vegan Pumpkin Spice Brownies
- 1 cup of puree pumpkin
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cup of wholemeal (whole-wheat) flour
- 1/2 cup of coconut sugar
- 7 tbsp of raw cacao powder
- 1/3 cup of melted coconut oil
- 3 tsp of cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp of ground ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp of ground all-spice
- 1/2 tsp of ground cloves
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius;
- Prep your pumpkin puree by cutting, peeling and steaming/boiling your pumpkin and then puree it.
- In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients and spices together.
- Add in your pumpkin puree then the coconut milk and melted coconut oil.
- Combine together but do not over stir.
- Place in your square brownie tin lined with baking paper and cook for 20-25 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Optional: Trace circles with tahini and with a knife trace lines from the centre to the outside of the brownie to create spiderweb-like-lines.Â