I received a message the other on Instagram from a lovely girl who was asking me for this recipe. It used to be on my old blog and she was used to making it every week. I love reading comments like that. I emailed her the recipe and it prompted me to make it again and I am so glad she messaged me or I would not have made it again for months.
It is a delicious vegan and gluten free brownie recipe and so high in protein from the chickpeas, protein powder and almonds but best of all it tastes amazing and was the perfect afternoon snack to share with my twins.
So here is the recipe. I think I need to make it once a week like Bianca!
Chocolate Chickpea Raspberry Brownie- vegan/gluten-free/low-sugar.
I used a small square tin.
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 cup of almond meal
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp of nut milk
- 1/2 cup of all purpose GF flour
- 7 tbsp of raw cacao powder
- 1/3 cup of stevia or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of vanilla powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen raspberries
- Optional: 2 tbsp of protein powder
- Pre-heat your oven at 175 degrees Celsius and line your brownie tin with baking paper.
- Drain and rinse your chickpeas and blitz in a food processor.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients apart from the raspberries and mix for a few minutes until smooth. Scrap the side of the food processor if needed.
- Pour the dough in your tin and top with the raspberries.
- Cook at 175 degrees Celsius for 35 minutes.
- Leave to cool slightly before cutting and keep it in the fridge.