We’re cooking up a Healthy Veggie Stew that is delicious and doesn’t take the entire afternoon to cook. You won’t find any white potatoes in this recipe.
That’s right, super yummy melt-in-your-mouth healthy veggie stew. My secret is simple; I use a pressure cooker.
I know what you are thinking, and no, it has NEVER exploded on me.
Many people are scared of using this blessing of a kitchen gadget, but I have used one for over twenty years. Once I learned that my meals could be done in eight minutes or less, I was hooked!
Besides, the newer models have safety features; the older models didn’t. Check out the one I use HERE.
Quick and Healthy Veggie Stew
- 1 sprinkle salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp butter, unsalted )or vegan alternative)
- 3 cubes veggie bouillon
- 3 cups water
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 10-12 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 handful broccoli rabe, chopped
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup red cooking wine
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp cold water
- 1 cup Vegan Ground "Beef" (Optional)
- Season your veggies with pepper, rosemary and a pinch of salt.
- Cook the veggies and vegan-beef in oil and butter until brown. Dissolve the veggie bouillon in water and pour it into the pot. Also, stir in onions and garlic then close the pressure to cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat, release pressure and open. Then sdd sweet poatoes, broccoli, red cooking wine. Cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat, release pressure and open. Dissolve 2 teaspoons of cornstarch in cold water and add to thicken stew.
If you have any questions, drop your questions below.
Lastly, a pressure cooker can cook up recipes at lighting speed!
There you have it, my quick version of a Healthy Veggie Stew.
I may make my fresh homemade bread to serve with this.
Feel free to explore more of my recipes. And check out this autumn post, which includes my pumpkin bread recipe!
Leave a Reply