Today I am sharing my vegan chickpea brownies recipe made with raspberries and yes these brownies are made with canned chickpeas!
Edit june 2020: This is an old recipe but I have revamped it and got new pictures too. I know this chickpea brownies is a favourite for a lot of you so I hope you will still enjoy this vegan chickpea brownie recipe.
These chickpeas brownies are delicious and quite healthy as made with chickpeas which give them a fudge like texture and a boost of protein. I also like using chickpeas in baking because they act as an “egg” in vegan baking. The trick is to use unsalted chickpeas and blend them very well so you dont bite into chickpea skin when you take a bite of your brownie!
This chickpea brownie recipe is also gluten-free. I have used both buckwheat and quinoa flour in the past with success.
I love in this vegan chickpea brownies the added raspberries which give them a sweeter and juicy taste. You could also add a chocolate icing/ frosting or powdered sugar. As always I try to keep my vegan baking creations very healthy and low sugar to be able to share them with my children.
Another good thing about this chickpea brownie recipe is how easy it is to make. You simply add the canned chickpeas in the blender along with the other ingredients and blend. Only need to dirty the 1 food processor/blender and 1 spatula. I love a recipe that doesn’t create too many dirty dishes!
Vegan Chickpea Brownies with Raspberries
- 1 can salt-free canned chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup nut milk
- 1/2 cup buckwheat or quinoa flour
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar or raw sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- Pre-heat your oven at 175 degrees Celsius and line your brownie tin with baking paper.
- Drain and rinse your chickpeas and blitz in a food processor.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients (not the raspberries) and mix for a few minutes until smooth. Scrap the side of the food processor if needed.
- Pour the brownie batter in your tin and top with the raspberries.
- Cook at 175 degrees Celsius for 35-40 minutes.
- Leave to cool slightly before cutting and keep it in the fridge.
If you make my chickpea chocolate brownies I would love to know if you enjoyed them so please leave me a comment below or tag me on Instagram @healthyfrenchwife #healthfrenchwife
For more vegan brownies recipes or recipes using raspberries check out these ones below:
Leave a Reply