I have been baking healthy sweets for the past 3 years and I think these healthy vegan hazelnut brownies are my ultimate favourites!! Sweet enough, healthy and taste like nutella when you bite into the roasted hazelnuts combined with the gooey chocolate brownies. I love them! They disappeared within one day in our house! Like most sweets I bake with 3 children and 2 adults haha
For the nitty gritty they are also quite allergy-friendly as they are soy-free, egg-free, dairy-free, refined sugar free and gluten-free. They are however not nut-free! but if you can have some nuts this recipe might be for you!
I think hazelnuts are my favourite nuts to use in baking I have so many recipes that use hazelnuts on my website already!
Why are these vegan hazelnut brownies healthy? Because they are made with sweet potato! For the sceptics- you cannot taste sweet potato in baked goods!
Healthy Vegan Hazelnut Brownies
- 450 gr of steamed/ boiled sweet potato
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup (more if you have a sweet tooth)
- 1/2 cup of raw cacao powder
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 2/3 cup of ground almonds
- 1/2cup of gluten free flour
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup of hazelnuts
- Steam or boil your sweet potato, drain and leave to cool.
- Pre heat your oven to 175 degrees celsius and line a small brownie pan with baking paper.
- In a food processor add in the potatoes and all the other ingredients;
- Mix until very well combined.
- Spoon into your pan and press some hazelnuts in the dough + top with extra crushed hazelnuts.
- Place it in the oven and cook at 175 degrees Celsius for 45 minutes.
If you like this vegan hazelnut brownie you might also enjoy these recipes: