I am drooling for these vegan raspberry muffins! I have a love affair with baking with berries. If you check out my other recipes I often include blueberries, raspberries, or even strawberries! Berries are so delicious, juicy, sweet and a bit tart! If I was really rich I would eat 2-3 punnets of fresh raspberries or blueberries every day! Not just when they are in season! Berries are so good for you too with all the antioxidants!
I made these delicious vegan Raspberry and macadamia muffins the other week to take with us on the road to Sydney (it is a 4-hour drive). There is nothing better for a road trip than packing lots of yummy food! These delicious vegan raspberry muffins were a big hit with kids and adults in the car for our drive. I have since made them again a few times with great pleasure! I think I will next time try with blueberries and sunflower seeds to add them to the twins lunchboxes for school.
You could easily swap the raspberries for other berries like blueberries or blackberries. You can also swap the macadamia nuts for almonds, hazelnut, walnuts or seeds. And you can sub the flour for buckwheat flour if you want but the muffins will probably turn out to be a little more dense.
Vegan Raspberry & Macadamia Muffins
- 2 cups self raising flour (add 2 tsp baking powder if using plain flour)
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil (or sub for 1/2 cup nut milk)
- 1 tbsp flaxseeds meals
- 1 tsp cinnmon powder
- 1 cup plant milk of choice
- 1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen) + extra to top
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts (or other nuts/seeds)
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a muffin tray with muffin cases.
- In a bowl combine the flour, coconut sugar, flax meal and cinnamon together. Pour the melted coconut oil and combine then add in the plant based milk and combine with a spatula.
- Fold the raspberries in gently with a spatula.
- Spoon a few spoonfuls of the mixture in your muffin cases then top with extra raspberries and the chopped macadamia nuts.
- Cook for 25 minute at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Keep them in an airtight container for a few days.
You can also substitute the macadamia nuts for walnuts, sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds to keep them nut-free. I also think these would work well as mini muffins.
If you like these vegan Raspberry Macadamia muffins you might also enjoy these vegan muffin recipes:
- vegan blueberry muffins
- Mini Vegan Lemon & Poppyseeds Muffins
- Vegan Chickpea Chocolate & Orange muffins
- Vegan Mango Muffins
- Vegan GF baked raspberry donuts
If you make these vegan raspberry muffins please tag me on Instagram @healthyfrenchwife. I love seeing all your different take on these as well with blueberries, with pistachios and more! So many good ideas!