I love muffins and especially blueberry ones and I couldn’t believe I hadn’t made some before to share on my page/blog. I hope you like them. I will be making them over and over to bring to kids playdates.
They are healthy and lower in sugar than normal muffins and I used wholemeal flour which give them extra fibre but you can add more sugar if you want to or use plain flour.
Do not defrost the blueberries before baking them as they will turn your muffins all blue- unless that’s what you are after 🙂
Vegan Blueberry Muffins
- 2 cups of wholemeal flour
- 1/3 cup of sweetener (I used stevia)
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/3 cup of melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp of flaxmeal + 3 tbsp of water)
- 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a muffin tray with muffin cases.
- In a bowl mix your flour, sweetener, baking powder and vanilla.
- Make your flax egg in a separate bowl mix and pour in your flour mix.
- Add in the almond milk and combine together.
- Add in the coconut oil mix it all together and fold the blueberries in.
- Spoon into your muffin cases and cook for 35-40 minutes at 180 degrees.