Dinner last night was this delicious vegan frittata with local asparagus, cherry tomatoes and spinach. It was my second time making it and we all loved it as a family. My twins called it Pizza haha
I got inspired by Making Thyme for Health recipe.
It is vegan, gluten-free and high in protein- chickpea flour contains 21gr of protein per cup.
Vegan Frittata with Chickpea Flour
- 2 cups of chickpea flour
- 1/3 cup of nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 cups of water
- handful of sundried tomatoes
- handful of spinach
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 100gr of cherry or grape tomatoes
- Grease a oven-proof dish with non-stick cooking spray and pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- In a bowl with a whisk, mix the chickpea flour, water, olive oil and nutritional yeast.
- Steam the asparagus slightly and chop the tomatoes.
- Pour the chickpea mixture in your dish and top with the sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, sliced tomatoes and steamed asparagus.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius or until cooked through.
It can become a little dry the next day so I like to serve mine drizzled with olive oil.