The definition of a quiche is a pie that is unsweetened and filled with savory ingredients such as spinach, which is then baked. This quick spinach quiche recipe is not only simple, but it can be altered within reason without compromising the integrity of the recipe.
How Do You Make A Quiche Not Soggy?
There are several tricks I do to prevent my spinach quiche from turning out soggy.
This site uses ads and affiliate content as an Amazon associate earning on qualifying purchases. Disclosure.
First, I bake my pie crust for a few minutes until the crust has a golden brown color.
Before placing the pie in the preheated oven, I use a fork to poke a few holes in the uncooked crust. This allows for the crust to vent and not become distorted during the baking process.
Second, it’s imperative to drain any excess water from the spinach. This is equally important if you are using fresh spinach.
Third, the French’s Original French Fried Onions in this recipe helps absorb the moisture from the sour cream.
Quick Spinach Quiche Recipe
- 1 pie crust
- 1 box Frozen spinach, chopped
- 2 Eggs (or vegan alternative)
- 8 oz Sour cream (or vegan alternative)
- 8 0z White cheddar cheese, grated (or vegan alternative)
- 8 oz Durkee French Fried Oinon Rings
- 1 sprinkle Fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Pierce pie crust with a fork prior to baking.
- Place pie crust in preheated oven and bake until crust is golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Cook frozen spinach according to directions and then transfer the spinach into a strainer to drain all excess water. This is a crucial step since extra moisture will change the consistency of the quiche.
- In a large mixing bowl, begin to add your ingredients. Start by whipping the eggs and then add all the remaining ingredients. Gently mix and blend the mixture together.
- Pour quiche mixture into pie crust and bake for 35 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
How Do You Make Spinach Quiche From Scratch?
A pie crust, spinach, eggs, sour cream, and a few extra ingredients to add some flavor. As you can see, it’s not very complicated at all.
We enjoy recipes that are tasty and uncomplicated since we rather enjoy the time with our friends instead of being exhausted from spending the day cooking.
If you’re thinking of serving this easy spinach quiche as a brunch item, here’s a quick dessert to add to your menu Easy Baked Empanadas Stuff With Guava Jam.
For home-related tips and easy recipes, stop by often. We’re always up for company.