I love pasta!! I especially love vegan pasta dishes as I don’t get that heavy/sick/ crazy -full feeling I used to get eating pasta with meat or cheese. Now I get to eat carbs and feel light!
This kale pesto pasta is one of my favourite dinner at the moment. I especially love the fact that my toddler twins love it as much as I do and they get a good dose of kale and hemp oil with every mouthful. I also trick them by adding spiralized zucchini amongst the pasta.
This site uses ads and affiliate content as an Amazon associate earning on qualifying purchases. Disclosure.
I have only discovered hemp oil recently and I love its nutty taste in salads and the fact it is a very good source of omega-3 and omega-6- perfect for vegan people and kids too without having to take yucky fish oil tablets. I also add flax meal powder to our smoothies or porridge and we eat walnuts often for omegas.
Makes enough for pasta for 4 people.
- 1/2 cup of cashews, pine nuts, hemp seeds or almonds (I used cashews this time)
- 5 stalks of kale (remove the stalks and only add the green leaves)
- 1/3 cup of nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup of hemp oil
- 1 lemon juiced
- big handful of basil leaves
- 1 tbsp of water if needed
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a food processor, mix the nuts until fine then add the kale and basil until very finely chopped.
- Then add the hemp oil, lemon juice, nutritional yeast and salt and pepper.
- Add a little bit more oil or water if required.
Serve with zuchetti, (zucchini pasta), spaghetti or a mix of both!