Come Friday nights and the weekend and I get a bit over cooking dinners and I prefer having a relaxed meal in the form of a grazing platter with my family or friends. We eat it in the lounge room while watching a family movie or outside in the garden in summer while the kids play and we get to chat about our week.
I like to keep our grazing platters healthy by adding cut up fruit and vegetables and some homemade dips. This time I made cornichons hummus made with Maille Cornichons Lâ€™Original. Hummus is a great source of plant-based protein as it is made with chickpeas and it also contains lemon juice, garlic and tahini so it is really healthy.
For this Lebanese platter I added:
- Wholemeal pita bread
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Cornichons from Maille
- Cucumber sticks
- Cornichons hummus (recipe below)
For the hummus here is the recipe.
- 2 cans of chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- Â½ cup of Maille Cornichons
- 1 tbsp of tahini
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp of cornichons juice
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- 2 tsp of cumin powder
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- Drain and rinse your canned chickpeas, in a blender blitz the chickpeas and the rest of the ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a bowl and top with additional diced cornichons, sea salt and olive oil.
Thatâ€™s it! So easy!
This hummus is also great to use as a spread in sandwiches, kids lunches or for a snack with a spoon haha!
Leave a Reply