I first shared this vegan zucchini lentil lasagna recipe 2 years ago but I decided to update it. It has been a firm family favourite in the past two years. Simple to make and delicious but also very healthy and a good source of plant-based protein with the lentils. I used cooked canned lentils and jarred passata sauce (marinara sauce) but you could use homemade cooked lentils and diced tomato sauce if you prefer.
I like this lasagna served with a side salad. It serves 6 people but I often make two to freeze some and have leftovers for lunches. This lasagna would be great on the weekend with friends or for a comforting and delicious mid-week dinner.
This vegan zucchini lasagna recipe is:
- super delicious
- creamy with the vegan cashew cheese sauce
- plant-based as well as loaded with veggies
- super easy to make
- High in protein with lentils
How to make my vegan zucchini and lentil lasagna:
Vegan Zucchini Lentil Lasagna
- 1 packet of lasagna sheets
- 2 medium zucchinis sliced lengthways
- 1 jar tomato passata (500ml)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cans cooked brown lentils (400gr each)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper
Cashew Cheese Sauce
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked overnight in water or 10 min in boiling water)
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk or water
- 1 tbsp arrowroot flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius (355 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Thinly slice your zucchinis lengthways and place them on a baking try to roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime make the cashew cheese sauce in a blender with the drained soaked cashews, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, arrowroot flour, salt and almond milk. Blend until smooth.
- To make the lasagna: Add a tbsp of passata sauce at the bottom of your lasagna dish, the lasagna sheets, then layer the roasted zucchinis, lentils (rinsed and drained), more passata, and again lasagna sheet etc.
- Finish with a sprinkle of oregano, garlic powder and the cashew cheese sauce.
- Place it in the oven covered with aluminium foil for 30 minutes to cook at 180 degrees Celsius (355 degrees Fahrenheit) then remove the foil and bake for another 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with a side salad.
This vegan lasagna recipe can easily be made gluten-free by using gluten-free lasagna sheets or even pasta-free by simply leaving them out and using the zucchini as “pasta”.
You could swap the lentils for some vegan beef mince. And you can add more baby spinach or roasted sliced eggplants.
To make this recipe nut-free you could leave the cashew cheese sauce out and replace it with vegan grated cheese.
So there we have it!– I know you’re going to love this vegan zucchini lentil lasagna!
And, if you do make this recipe please let me know in the comments below what you think! I truly love hearing from you, and I’m always here to answer any questions you might have. And of course, tag me on Instagram with your pictures using the hashtag #healthyfrenchwife. Nothing makes me happier than to see your recreations.
This vegan lentil lasagna recipe is:
- gluten-free optional
Other recipes you might like:
If you like this vegan lentil lasagna recipe of mine you might also enjoy these recipes of mine:
- vegan gluten-free lasagna
- red lentil bolognese pasta
- green mac and cheese
- easy tofu pasta
- cashew mac and cheese